Monday, February 15, 2010

Couple of challenges out of the way

Today was a day off for the kiddos so I stayed hid and created some....lol.  They "may" be home again tomorrow....we had some snow overnight last night and are expecting a little more tonight.  At the very least I am expecting a couple hours delay in school.  We'll see I guess.

Uneventful birthday altho I got LOTS of sweet messages from my online friends.  They really spoiled me on facebook :) Glad to know "someone" loves me...lol.

Ok.....I got some scrapping done today.  Not sure I like this one at all but here it is anyway.....maybe it will grow on me.  Its 2 of my kiddos on halloween several years ago.  I could only find these scraps to work with.....until I finished the dang layout.  I hate that....found the whole stash of halloween paper after the fact. UGH!!!   I really need to get organized.....lol.  I have all of my stuff filed into a cardboard box right now...some in 12 x 12 page protectors....which actually works well when you keep them organinze, which I dont.  I'd give the Flylady a stroke and make Martha Stewart say the "F" word......lol.

Anyway......got sidetracked.  My mind is somewhat unorganized too....can ya tell? LOL  This is for the sketch challenge at Studio Calico...the wonderful people who gifted me last night with the entire Anthology scrap collection!!! I loved the sketch but think I coulda done better....this is thier Sunday Challenge Sketch.

!
And here are a couple of shots of my take on it.....I am so awful at photographing these things

The cardstock and papers are all from Paper Studio.  The papers were part of an actual Halloween kit from them.  The date is amde of Thickers felt numbers.  The ghostie and kitty circle and square are from Paper Studio (in the kit).  And everything else comes from Bo Bunny (the BOO with google eyes) and K & Co. Opps....the orange bracket is from Stickablitities :)

Next up is a card that fits a couple of challenges...
I just love this one!! Its based on this sketch 

And and also tossing it in the mix for The Everything But The Kitchen Sink Challenge # 9 (the sketches look very similair)  and  CupCake Crafts Keep It Simple Challenge #78 .
And that is it for tonight!! I guess I better head to bed just in case I actually have to be up early in the morning.  Better safe than in a daze all day.....lol.

Catch ya later taters!!
Tina

11 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge! :)

Donna said...

Fantastic layout and your sleigh card is fab...thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Courtney Baker said...

You are totally right they do look similar! Thanks for playing along with us!

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love the colours and design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Tina, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and papers. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lynnette said...

So pretty, great take on the layouts

Biscuitlid said...

Fabulous simple creation, love it. You did a great job with our challenge this week at Cupcake

Hugs
Victoria
x

april said...

um, you said you didn't like your sketch layout, but i beg to differ. I think your placement of embellishments is awesome

Winter said...

So cute! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge! :D

Karen said...

Very cute...both the scrappy layout and the card!! Always think people who work on Christmas cards early in the year are SMART!!! Now, if I could just get in on that! lol :>