Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day! (sharing some challenges)

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  If you are coupled up with someone hope you can make time today to show each other exactly how special you think they are.  And if not....well, treat yourself well today. After all if you aren't good to "you" who else will be?

It's looking like my day will be quite uneventful.  I guess this is what happens when you have been with someone for 10 years 9sigh) Of course I could be wrong too....we will see. No big plans today, may go out a little later and look for something to blow my birthday money on.  It's burning a hole in my pocket so I think a trip to the Big Lots scrapbooking section is in order.....ain't nothing quite as comfoting as retail therapy.....lol.  last time I was there I got my hands on a pack of 3 basic grey chipboard shapes that you can either paint cover, distress.....whatever your heart desires...for $2!!! So I am on a mission today......I have been checking out the Basic Grey site and challenges and want to play along because they give away AWESOME prizes....BUT you have to use at least one Basic Grey product on your project.  Until yesterday I didn't even know I had any.......lol.  Isn't it sad.....living in a city the size of Knoxville and I can't even find Basic Grey or most the other name brands.  I am stuck with Hobby Lobby and Walmart......and Big Lots....which I actually prefer over either of the other 2 lately......lol.  So hopefully I will get some good loot today.  Thank you to Bob's mom for my early Bday present!!!  I will have to share my good fortune later!

I finished 3 pretty simple challenges yesterday.  As easy as all of these cards look it took me forever.....not because they were difficult but because I was dealing with a lot of "MOmmmmmmm he's touching me" kinda stuff yesterday.  And they are all home again tomorrow too....sighhhhhh.

So here we go.....first up is Tuesday Morning Sketches #32

I like this one......very simple sketch and i thought it would be perfect for monogrammed notecards.  I am going to make a bunch of these and use them for thank you cards this holiday season.  I read on somones blog, I can't remember who, that they were making all Christmas cards for challenges so they would be ready for the holidays.  What a great idea! I have decided to adopt that attitude as well except for specific challenges.  Anyway....everything here is from Paper Studio except for the seal in the middle and that is Heidi Grace. (also a big lots purchase!) The letter P is actually flocked and I love it.  Hobby Lobby bargain bin.....I bought 2 packs of these for $1 total...GO ME! LOL

Next up is Clean and Simple Stamping's FTL # 78 Another really simple clean sketch.  These go really fast adn still look really classy....except for my messy writing...lol.  But everyone esle says I have beautiful writing so maybe I am my own worst critic.  This was the sketch ......
Same products as above...Paper Studio and Heidi Grace.  I shoulda scanned the inside as well because I finished this one up and it looks really nice.

Ok...last one promise. This one WAS for the  2SFY challenge but I missed uploading it.....sigh! But here it is anyway.  Ahhhhhh....but I am gonna also load it to Creative Belli for thier ribbon requirment. (it pays to blog stalk...lol)

The photo doesn't do this one justice.  I made the little tag with bits and scraps, used my Fiskers border punch (LOVE IT!!) Ribbon from Offray and Heidi Grace and all of the papers are my winnings from Art Freckles.

So there ya have it! I still need to share My son's ROTC ball photos....so be looking next post!! he was sooooo handsome!!!!

have a great day!


9 comments:

Frances said...

Hi Tina ... Do you have a Michael's store anywhere near you? We have one about three miles down the road, and that is where I used to always buy my paper scrapping supplies. They had lots of Basic Grey stuff. I love the cards you have made. You're so creative. I'm impressed with anyone who has the patience to do this. The end result must be so satisfying. Oh, and in case I forget to tell you on the proper day ... Happy Birthday!

Natasha said...

Fabulous cards!

Melissa Craig said...

Very cute cards! Great idea, too, to use challenges to be ready with Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sue said...

Hi Tina! - Thanks for commenting on my valentine blog post. Love your cards here - particularly love the idea of using the first sketch for monogrammed cards. I got SU Lovely Letters for my birthday and that will be a great way to use the set.

joy said...

Really like your tag! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Laurie said...

Great take on the Tuesday Morning sketch. I love finding deals at Big Lots...hope you had some success.

Heather P. said...

A bunch of fantastic cards!

Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Clean & Simple Stamping! :)

Chrissy D said...

Oh Fab cards! All three! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge! Come play again this Wednesday!

Maria Matter said...

fabulous cards hun! love your ribbony card!
Thank you for playing along at Creative Belli!
Blessings, Maria