Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Some days I love the mailman!

Well actually I should say the UPS man....they get a lil grumpy when you confuse the two for some reason....lol.  For the last few days I have been literally stalking my mail box waiting for my prize package from Studio Calico.  I have been like a crazed woman....seriously.....almost as bad as if you were to stand between me and chocolate!!! Well turns out I was stalking the wrong dude.....sorry mailman!!! LOL....todya I got my delievery and am sooooooo happy with it! 9 sheets of double sided Anthology goodness.....and matching card stock stickers.....and matching letters.....and something called fabrips......and cool journal cards. Yup....I love it!!! I'm pretty sure I will create something with it this week :)

Thank you Studio Calico!!!!

And then yesterday I won a set of stamps.....yayyyyyy!!! And today I found out I won a set of Bo Bunny rubons!!!! Maybe my luck is changing!!! I should buy a lottery ticket quick before this streak wears off!! LOL. Now if only I could get my hands on a big ol basic grey pack or some bo bunny persuasion or love bandit I would be a happy, happy camper!!

Anyways.....enough of that.  A little proud mama boasting time now.......my 9 year old Brandon, has made it to the quarter finals for track tryouts at his school!! GO BRANDON!! Tomorrow is the final cut so everyone keep your fingers crossed and send some positive vibes his way please?? I'm very proud he has even made it this far since he is not really what I would consider "atheletic"  He's like his mama....short and kinda round.....lol. But round is good sometimes :)

Jacob has his "official" ROTC photos done tomorrow as well.  I can't wait to see them!! We cut his hair this afternoon after school and he looks like a real recruit now....so handsome!!!

Ok....the reason for this post....Studio Calico has a challenge going right now to make a LO using "typical baby colors"  Since there is nothing truly typical about me or my family I hope this will qualify......lol. 

I am slowly getting over my fear of mixing patterns.  Now it doesn't always work out but this time I did kinda ok.  This is Jesse when he was about 2 months old....awwwwww!  Bob did the b & w photos the old fashioned way....with a non digital camera......lol.  I really like the black and white against the cheery pastels.  All the papers are from DCWV (one of the only big name lines I can find around here.......thankfully most thier stuff is really cute!) The "simply wonderful" title is from K & Co.  No clue about the little green flourishes. Someone sent them to me in a swap. 

Thats all I did today! Other than laundry but ya'll don't wanna see that trust me.....lol.

Everyone have a great night and maybe I can be more productive tomorrow!

Ciao!
Tina

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are on a lucky streak :) & don't worry, I think we all stalk our mailman! My cat might be the worse b/c she'll stick her paw out the mail slot in the summer. Luckily, my mailman will play with her for a few minutes!

and I like the combo of patterns you used on the scrapbook page...it gives the page a lot of depth :)

thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog!

Ashley @ The Creative Place said...

Yay for all those fun goodies! I stalk the mailman too, I can see our mailbox right out my studio window and if I'm expecting a package, I'm glued to the window. LOL :) Have fun with all your goodies :)