Saturday, February 6, 2010

SOUS Feb 5th Sketch and it's official...I am sick!

Yup....SICK! As in sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever, I can't sleep SICK!  Actually I am pretty sure it is a sinus infection.  Lot's of pressure in my head and face......or maybe it's just gonna explode and put me out of my misery. Either way.....I feel BLAH!!

Despite feeling cruddy I did finish my LO for SOUS today.  It has taken me 3 days to do this......What the heck? It's a pretty easy sketch but I was having moments of extreme OCD I think.  So I just put it away and came back to it today and it came together pretty fast.........well when I wasn't running around getting things for the 5 year old ....who is also sick and whiny.....oh lord!!!  

"Mommy, I'm hungry" "Mommy. do I have to go to school Monday?" Mommy...Mommy...Mommy.......ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Anyway.....I loved this sketch.  In case you forgot here it is.  And this is my very first scrap challenge attempt so be nice! And while I am thinking about it....how do those of you who are more experienced at this manage to get really good photos of your 12 x 12 LO's?  I had a booger of a time but I think I finally got one that is passable...I hope!!!  I did have a lot of fun doing this and hopefully these kinds of sketch sites and challenges will motivate me to use my paper supplies!!!!  So here is my take on the sketch.....I "think" you can click on the photo to view it larger. 





Supplies:

  1.  DCWV cardstock "Nana's Baby"

  2. Plain cardstock "eggshell color" Paper Studio

  3. EK Success border punch

  4. K&Co daisies

  5. Cloth stickers from a random swap in a group and I don't know the designer.

  6. Poem I found on Scrapbook.com
That's it for tonight....hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and I will get another LO or 2 done and then Monday I dive head first into my CT duties for SGD designs!!!

Have a goodun!
~Tina~

5 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Sorry you're feeling bad and hope you are better soon. Thanks for playing along with us at SOUS. The black and white photos are wonderful with your light blue. I take my photos near my back door where the sun shines through and place the layout on the floor and photograph it straight on as I can. Then I crop it really tight when I'm happy with the pic. Take care!

Leah said...

Tina, welcome to challenges!
5 boys huh? now there is some excitement..wether you wanted it or not! LOL!
Sorry your feeling crumby but sure glad you played along! You did a great job and I hope your able to join in with us again!

Nanne said...

I do that too, put the layout away for a day just to gather up my thoughts and inspirations.. Great job on this week sketch by the way and trying to find the time to scrap with 5 little ones running around can sure be difficult.. Us gals at SOUS so appreciate you stopping by and grabbing the sketch..
This is such a sweet layout you have done.. I adore those colors and those photos are so precious..
Hope you feel better soon.. I too just had the flu last week.. :O)
hugs
Nanné

Lori Apgar said...

This is precious!! I hope you feel better soon!!

Sandy said...

Hi and thanx so much for playing along....I have 4 boyssss...20,18,17 and 14...they are a true blessing...I love what you did with the sketch and adore the bw photos...this is just precious...I am so happy you played along with us...you did a fantastic job!!! Hope you are feeling better!!!