Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where oh where has my mojo gone??

I'm trying to not be TOO hard on myself......I did get a few things done for challenges today but I am so stuck in trying to get some CT layouts done. UGH!!! What is wrong with me??? So if my CT bosses are reading this....I'm tryin!!! Really!!! That part of my brain has just went to sleep or something.....lol.  How weird huh?  I WILL get them done this week! Heck I GOTTA get them done this week! Anyone have some extra mojo they can lend me? Pretty please??

Well, as I said I did manage to get a couple of cards and a LO done.  I guess by most standards that would add up to a pretty darn productive day but my standards are higher than most I guess....lol.  I'm still sick.....no  clue what this bug is but it's kickin my ample arse I tell ya.  I slept almost all day yesterday.  I didn't nap today but easily could have.  But a woman's work is never done and clothes don't wash themselves....unfortunately!!

Ok......first up.....My LO for Sketchy Thursday 2.18 . I LOVED this sketch the moment I saw it!! I don't really feel that I "rocked" this one but I'm still pretty happy with it.  This is the sketch we had to work from...
Isn't it cool? Unfortunately I didn't have 2 photos that I could cut into circles that matched.....lol.  So I just cut out a patterned paper circle to add some color and punch it up some.  Here's my take on the sketch...
The paper is all DCWV Grade School Stack.  I also used Thickers and these are the lil buggies I cut out from my Bug Fun Paper Studio paper I used the other day.  After I photographed this I went back and added little google eyes to the bugs.....lol.  Cute!!  Also used my new fave pen, which is a Making Memories white gel ink......FUN!!!  You may not be able to read the journaling but it's from Dr Suess....yup the great philosopher.....lol. It reads  "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than YOU! " Deep stuff :)   This cutie is my son Steven....gotta love that gap toothed smile......lol.

Card #1 is for Spoonful Of Sugar's Spring is In the Air challenge #91. Spring themed.......not lovin this one but it's kinda cute I guess (shrugs)
Colored paper is DCWV Nana's Nursery (boys), white cardstock is Paper Studio, Daisies are K & Co, and I used my brand spankin new $2 Big Lots Bargain......Inkadinkadoo spring stamp! Woooo Hooooo! Just some generic ink I got at Dollar tree. Oh....and I used my absolute favorite tool ever......my Fiskers Border punch.  I MUST get more border punches!!!! I have my eyes on a bunch of Martha Stewert ones!! (just sayin.......in case someone feels up to buyin me a gift or somethin ya know)
And last but not least...Clean & Simple's FTL #79

 I LOVE this blog!!! And I love the super easy sketches they have.  I'm a newbie at this card making stuff so I appreciate that I can do a challenge here and not feel out of my element.  I feel so lost in some of these others.  Everyone seems so talented and so creative and I feel like a 5 yr old learning to hold my pencil.....lol.  Here is my take on this one
Cardstock is Paper Studio, Paper is from DoodleBug Designs, Not sure about the ribbon or the chipboard.

But there ya have it......my creative day in a nutshell.  Thanks for taking the time to look and for any comments.  They really make my day!!

TaTa......catch ya tomorrow....oh and happy monday (blah!!!)
Tina

3 comments:

Heather P. said...

They're all lovely!!

Diana Fisher said...

Great doodling on that LO!!! I just love that!

Teresa Jaye said...

Hey Tina - your mojo's gonna come flyin' back when you see the post at BoBunny's blog!!