Sunday, March 7, 2010

A couple of challenge LO's, a Promo, and pix of my new afghan...lol

Yeah.......most people are probably at home right now eating popcorn and watching the Oscars.......not me....I'm taking pix of an afghan while my children look on with dazed expressions on thier faces.  I think I heard mutterings about having me commited as they went to thier rooms.

Anyway....lots of business to tend to tonight....busy blog day...I love it!!!

And LOADS of great challenges out there this week too! I had a ball scrapping today and did one that is totally out of the box for me.  And realized as well that I have a severe challenge addiction.......I sat to create a page and had it in my head that the "recipe" was vintage....a title about love.....and a certain sketch. I was totally wrong.....LOL.  At least I had the sketch right.....lol. I still don't have a clue where I came up with vintage unless it was my subconscious telling me to use that new K & Co Life's Journey paper pad! Thats another scary thing....when your supplies and your subconscious carry on conversations about you without your knowledge! Ummm....maybe a little vacation isn't such a bad idea!!! LOL...Love in the title IS a challenge them but at another blog....with a different sketch...UGHHHH!!! Oh well...I rocked it anyway!!!
So here we go......the first one is Sketches! (by Tamara) Challenge #109.  Here's the sketch....
And here is my take....

And yup that is lil ol me!!! I clean up rather well :)  Since I "thought" the challenge was vintage I pulled out the stops....this is really different for me.  I usually don't scrap myself for one thing.  And I don't do girly!!! So I am calling this grungy girly.....lol.I used DPs from My Minds Eye Bohemian Collection, K & Co Lifes Journey, Prima chipboards, Art Freckles ribbon, Dollar Tree Doilie....LOL.

And since I also "thought" that I was supposed to use the word love in the title....you may not be able to see it.....but all around the page I journaled "Always Remember...." Then on the Chipboard on my photo I wrote "To Love".......Then beneath that I wrote "to love yourself" 

Thats something I struggle with a bit.  So this is a constant reminder to myself :)

Next up......Sketchy Thursday's 3/4 challenge Now if I understood this right it's a digi challenge.  Heaven help me if it is a vintage one but it DOES have love in the title as well.....LOL.  Yes I am feelin the love today!!!

So the sketch look like this
And mine looks like this....

Kinda close....I tried!! LOL.  Isn't that kit precious? Yeah the kids are too I guess (Brandon and Jesse) Would you like a closer look at it? The kit that is....

I adore it! I have been really into clean and simple lines in digital creations lately ans this sketch and the kit both provided the perfect platform I think. And best of all it's free!! So if you are one of those people kinda hesitant about goin digi this is a no risk way to try it out. All you gotta do is subscribe to the Project B newsletter and as a thank you you get this great kit, Easy peasy!! I'll show off some more pages with it tomorrow....

And now......I know you all waited around just for this! I know I would have......LOL. TADA!!!!!

Isn't it gorgoeous!!!!! I love it!!! My mother brought this down from Kentucky for me today. Someone gave it to her and she doesn't like this sort of thing, complains it is too big for her bed...yadda, yadda, yadda.  So it now has a new home!! I don't care how big it is.....LOL.  It is a beautiful shade of peach and cream......and REALLY heavy! Hand crocheted....OMG I can only imagine how long it took for the person who made this to finish.  I have been dabbling in crochet lately myself and my attempts are pretty sad.....lol.  I wanted to make something just like this....now I don't have too so I can concentrate on other things like teeny crocheted flowers for scrappin......LOL.  Good to know I have my priorities in order huh?  I have a very pretty crocheted cross bookmark my sweet online friend Shirley sent me a year or so back for Christmas.  I keep it in my bible and I just love it. I have toyed with the idea of framing it....and I might....someday.  It's one of those things I know I will keep forever :) Awww...yeah I am getting all mushy and junk...BLAH!

Well that's it for tonight.......more crafty madness tomorrow I'm sure!!
Tina

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the "grungy-girly" look - the stamps across the bottom of the page are great!!

And your mom's loss is definitely your gain :)

Fern said...

Tina, you are a breath of fresh air!! I am lovin' your blog!! Beautiful job on the first layout, what a great photo!! I also love the K&Company Life's Journey Paper Pack...
The second digi layout is awesome... I haven't tried this out yet, but since you've so graciously shared the free kit info, I might have to check it out! And your boys are adorable..
And now about that afghan!! WOW, I can't believe that anyone would even give something like that away in the first place, and then for your mother not to want it.. Oh man, you are one lucky lady... It's absolutely Gorgeous!!! Have a wonderful week!!!

jennifer said...

Great page, I love that touch of orange in the kit! Thanks for playing along!
Jennifer C. Sketchy Thursdays dt

Tessa Buys said...

I love that digi kit you used! Gorgeous colors! Great layouts and wonderful afghan!

Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT