Monday, March 29, 2010

Hittin 2 birds with one stone.....err I mean Layout :)

Happy Monday Boys & Girls!!!

I ran off today and locked myself in the bedroom and wouldn't come out until I had a completed layout!  I tried and tried to get something done in the living room but it just wasn't happenin.  Way too much noise for me to deal with.  Yup....it's spring break! Lucky me!!  And why didn't ya'll tell me this weekend was Easter???  Where have I been???  The "Easter Bunny" really better be gettin her (yeah she IS a her!!!) fluffy lil cottontail on the ball!  I am really hoping that there will be an egg hunt SOMEWHERE this saturday.    Jesse will love that! I am planning on letting him try his hand at dying eggs this weekend too......yeah I am crazy but not totally.....we are doin it outside.....lol.  So now I gotta start getting basket stuff, Easter Dinner stuff.....can we just put Easter off another week?? Please?????

Well, no matter how unprepared and how chaotic I KNOW it will be, you can bet I will have photos to share come Sunday night :)

Ohhh before I forget....gotta share this new blog with you!!! ScrapMaster's Paradise.  She is doing a spring cleaning of sorts and every single day is giving away some of her stash on her blog. What a great way to clean your scraproom huh?  So go on over there and check her out....after all, one person's junk is another person's treasure! And she is a Tennesse girl too...WOOT WOOT!!

Anddddddddddd while I have you hoppin all over blogland check out Sally over at Asleep On The Couch.  Not only does she have some super cute projects and loads of creative inspiration, she is having a blog candy draw that will end April 1.....I think :)  The more followers she has the bigger the jackpot will get.  And let's admit it......we ALL love to have new followers and see comments on out blogs!! So head over there and show the girl some love!!

Ok......my layout.......The Mojo is backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!  Sorta......lol.  Personally I LOVE this layout.  I have caught a LOT of flack from "haters" in the house.....lol.

 "Ummmm....that's a little bright ain't it?"

"Did you know that "S" doesn't match the rest of the letters in the word in fish?" (DUH)

"What are those bubble things?"

IT'S A SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUT PEOPLE!!!!!!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!  Do they all need to be symmetrical and perfect? NO! (I don't do perfect anyway......ask Marlene, the spelling police......lol.....luv ya girly!!)  Seriously, especially when doing kiddo pages.....I think they should be fun.  And I had fun doing this page......lots of it :)  And in the end....THAT is why we scrap!!!

Ok...getting off my soapbox now :)

So, anyway..................

I originally did this one for Studio Calico's Sunday Sketch.  Unbeknownst to me (whoa big word) it also fits with thier color challenge....which is really cook cuz I didn't even plan that......lol.  But I don't think I can enter one layout in both challenges there.....which is just fine cuz I have all the colors in this super cute Comso Cricket Snorkle collection.  So I'm ok with that!!  Here is the sketch...

And here is my take

CUTE!!!
As I said, I used the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel line.  I cut the big fishie and the smaller one out and glued it....I was gonna use popdots but the tails fell off.....LOL.  So I had to glue it.  I DID add one to the octopus tho.  And I added little google eyes to the sunglasses, and the sealife......I used thickers for the word "fish" and it's true......I was missing a white S so I improvised.  But it works I think :)  There are little tiny felt waves attached to the photo and the "I wish I wish to be a.." was originally a border.  I just cut the words out...for some reason I really like the look of the cut out words or journal strips like this and have been using them a lot lately.

And this also works for the Sisterhood Of Scrap monday challenge

Thanks for lookin!!

8 comments:

Marlene said...

Ha ha ha!!! I LOVE it!!!! And "perfect" is boring!! ;) Your layout, however, IS GORGEOUS. Absolutely love the fish title, and the whale, fish & octopus you added! Really adorable.

Fern said...

Tina, this is sooo cute!! The papers, the embellies, the google eyes are super cute.. And I really love the way you did your journaling!!!! Adorable photo, too!!! Happy Tuesday!!!! :o) XXX

Sally said...

Thanks for the shout out about Asleep on the Couch! Good luck with the blog candy. Spreading the word is much appreciated.

Fern said...

Hey Girl, I am sending you a little Sunshine, I just thought you might need it about now!! lol!! Come on over and pick it up when you get a chance!!!! Have a wonderful evening!!!!! XXXXX

Chelsea said...

Adorable layout and great take on the sketch! Those papers are so fun and cute! ~Chelsea

Deanne Burton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deanne Burton said...

Cute layout Teena!!!

Thanks for participating in the Sisterhood of Scrap challenge!!!

Carla said...

This looks fabulous! Love the S in black (those kids don't know what they're talking about! LOL!) and I love the google eyes :-)

..... I think I forgot about Easter, too. I don't have any chocolates bought yet!