Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lots of challenge LO's to share

I'm really tired so I am gonna "try" to keep this short and sweet tonight.  I just finished a challenge LO for Dirty Scraps that has totally wiped me out emotionally.  Doesn't help any that mother nature and her stupid little red gift package (cmon...ya'll have seen that commercial right???) is lurking nearby.  The challenge is about dreams.....in particulairly "shattered" ones....what might have beens, shoulda, coulda's, woulda's.....I will leave it to you to interpret the page.  To me it's self explanitory, but then, I lived thru it. BUT as depressing as this page may be know what? Have you heard a song by Martina McBride called "Broken wing"?

And with her broken wing
She still sings
She keeps her eye on they sky
And with her broken wing
She carries her dreams
And man you oughta see her fly

LOVE those lyrics!! Because the human spirit is stronger than we know...we can be beaten, broken, battered and scarred and still, like the mighty phoenix rise up out of the ashes to be reborn.

So....here is the page.
And I did the best I could to get pink in it.....lol.  All digital....background is from my boss...Project B Designs and called White Embossy...its a really cool set of nothing but white embossed digital papers.  I grunged this one up some.

Don't worry....they get cheerier.....lol.

Next up......I am so in love with this page.  This is for Frosted Designs sketch challenge.  Saw the sketch and was immediately inspired.  So inspired in fact I used the same sketch twice but for 2 different challenges :)
LOVE it!!!

You really oughta pop over there and check the DT examples.....my goodness they rocked it!!! 
So here is the one for Frosted Designs

I painted on a piece of kraft card stock (which I couldn't find for yesterdays challenge...grrrr) andturned mine around and used mostly scraps to complete this page.  All papers are DCWV, thickers alphas, k & co daises and one lone button that some how found its way onto it.....lol.  That's Jesse at just a few weeks old :)

This one uses the same sketch but is for The Scraproom.  They wanted you do a LO with at LEAST 5 different papers.  I did this one one first tonight then decided I wanted to do a baby LO.....lol.  Everything is DCWV Grade school and the alpha is once again thickers...I love em!!

Psychodelic huh? It's kinda loud....just like Jacob.....lol.  And i ahve no clue what beast mode means.....it's just some random thing he likes to say.....lol.

Ok...I'm done. Over and out.

4 comments:

Pinky said...

Those are some rockin' layouts girl!!!!

lara said...

love the grunge heart - did you scan in your journalling to fit or is that actually a font? really cool!

CraftyGirl said...

You have been one busy girl! where do I start.... the heart is amazing... so emotional and raw... it is really brave of you to scrap it! And your LOs using the sketch at FD totally rock!! I love them both and they are so different! I really love the way you busted out the paint... something I haven't done in a long time... maybe I will just have to dust mine off!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Barb :)

Kelly C said...

Wow - awesome pages!!