Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Design Dollies....ELEMENTary Dear Watson.......

Yeah.....I was tryin to be cute :)

First and foremost I want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes concerning Bob.  They were sooo apppreciated!  He is home now.....and all seems to be well. I guess it was just the meanness coming outta him!! They kept him for observation and then he underwent tons of tests yesterday AM.  They were looking for heart issues or a blood clot and found neither so that is good news!!! However we still don't know what caused his pain.  One of lifes great mysteries I guess.  But I am very relieved he is healthy even if he is still grumbling at me for making him go in the first place.  He'll get over it!!!

We are winding down our school year here in Tennessee.  The kids get out May 21......EEK!!!!! So it's kinda like they did absolutely nothing during the year and are trying to cram it all in these last few weeks.  All this week is Spirit Week at the elementary school.....each day the kids have a specific thing they can do to show school spirit.....for example

  • Monday- Pajama Day (or as Jesse says Pajamba day)
  • Tuesday- Hat Day
  • Wednesday- Hawaiin Day
  • Thursday- Inside Out Day
  • Friday it all comes to a head with Field day!!!
Since Jesse is in Kindgarten he is very excited....all of this is new to him and I know Friday when he gets his participation ribbon he is really gonna be proud....and of course I will have PIX!! LOL 

Then next week is the Kindergartener's "Mother's Day Tea" it is such a sweet event......the kids treat their mom's to lunch, sing for us and we get the royal treatment.  Yeah.....there will be pix for that event as well.....lol.

Also next week Is The 4rth grade field trip to see the Tennessee Smokies baseball team in action. (minor league team) and My 14 year old has his NJROTC banquet and he gets his new rank  since he passed his promotion test!!!...WOOOOT!!! And we think he has about 10 ribbons coming for his uniform.  More WOOOTS!!!!!

And I know there is more.....I just don't have it in front of me ....lol. 

I have  plans this weekend to go out and do some yard saling!!! Well at least one sale anyways....the church across from my kiddos school is having a HUGE rummage sale and I look forward to this every year.  Last year Brandon and I walked out with several bags each and still spent under $20 bucks!!  And thats for clothes (old navy jeans BRAND new a buck a pair!!) books, some videos for the kids, plus sized clothes for me.....I wish you all could come with me!!!  Be looking for loot pix on saturday.....LOL.  Yeah my camera has been getting quite the workout lately :)

Well, I spent a couple of hours today playing along with the Design Dollies Tuesday Element challenge.  I love those dolls to death but they made this one TOUGH!!! I was talkin a little smack over there so I figured I'd better put up or shut up :) So I did indeed tackle the element challenge!!!  And I am pretty darned happy with what I came up with too. This was my first time ever making a tag and and I could easily get hooked on this!  I am feelin a tag album in the not so distant future!!!!

So the challenge was this....


1) 3 Different Patterned papers, SAME manufacturer if possible
2) A tag
3) An UNCOLORED stamped image
4) RED ribbon(s)
5) Something lime green

Right off the bat I was concerned with red ribbon and anything lime green.......lol.  But me, being the true professional I am, (Professional WHAT......not so sure......lol) got r done baby!!!!

The photo is Jesse earlier this school year with his little armload of awards from school....soooo adorable!!! Even with his little cookie moustache.......lol.

Pardon the quality of the photo...it is extremely cloudy here and its been raining for the past 3 days....enough already!!!! I need to tell you right up front that I blatantly ripped off the Great Pam Callaghan for this LO. I just went to find the photo on her blog but it's not there.....I am thinking it may have been something from a blog hop but I can't find it......lol.  But it looks just like this....only way better.....mine is the cheap imitation :)
So I have 3 patterened papers....one is used as the mat for Jesse so you don't see a lot of it......it is DCWV Grade School stack.  I hand doodled around the border of the apple paper and the big rounded corner squares I used A Martha Stewart Corner Rounder offer thingy. the little chipboard button and backpack came from a big lots pack and the manufacturer listed is Bridgeport.  The large A plus is also from the DCWV Grade School stack

I have 2 tags.......this one
 
Ok....now why did that turn sideways??? Blogger must be having that "not so fresh feeling" again....ugh!!!!
But you can see I have one also placed behind the photo.....I love this one!!! And it was a lot of fun to make!

And you can obviously see the only red ribbon I have on the house, red yarn :) And I have lime green letters spelling out A NOTE as well as lime green in a couple of the papers. The flip side has my uncolored stamped image and I am going to use it for some journaling.  Cute huh?


So there ya go.....by far the most difficult  Dollies challenge for me yet! But then again, how boring life AND art would be if we kept doing the same thing over and over........

I am still sitting on my other good news until I have the AOK and it's official....it's killing me......LOL.

I'm outta here............gonna try to wrap up some email and work on a couple of things until I'm ready to crawl into bed.

Big hugs to you all!!!
Tina

11 comments:

~Christina~ said...

I love cookie crumb smiles too!! :) :) Very cute layout...you totally made lime and red work!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad Bob is ok....and love love love love love love love that lo.....cute photos and loving the colors....can't wait to hear your news! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marlene said...

"Not so fresh feeling"...bwahaahahaa!! Girl, you crack me up.

Love your projects.

Glad Bob is ok.

Can't wait to see what kind of loot you end up scoring at the yard sale.

Chloe :-) said...

Love this LO!! Well done on all the elements :-)

Toucan Scraps said...

fabulous layout, great tags

CraftyGirl said...

Girl... you crack me up every time I visit!! You have one busy schedule coming up with all the end of the year activities!! Just be glad they are getting out so early... we are in until June 7th because of all our snow days this year! Enough already!! Anyway, back on topic... love the LO!! You pulled together the color combo so well and I love the creative uses of the tags!! This one is a winner!!
Barb :)

Miss Jaster said...

what a cheerful blog you've got going on! :)

I love the LO too!

Zoa said...

love the happy day along the bottom of your blog- so much fun! I enjoyed browsing your blog and I look forward to seeing your work!
xoxo~ Zoa

Fern said...

Now how did I miss this one?? Super cute!!! Love the PP and design you used on this one, Tina!! And the cookie moustache is too funny!!! Did you do the swirly doodling by hand? It's fantastic!!!
BTW I didn't have my LO posted to "Scrap It With A Song" when you commented on it this morning, so you're not losing your mind, just yet anyway!!! LOL Have a great weekend gf!! XXXX

aussiescrapper said...

You are very talented, I just love the layout, love how you have perfectly placed those gorgeous embellies, and the tag just gorgeous too, you rocked it my girl.

Kristy said...

WOW! That LO is amazin! Love all the super elements! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!