Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good mornin!

Oh my gosh it is GORGEOUS out today!!! I am sitting here with my coffee and have every window in the house open.....such a nice breeze coming thru! LOVE IT!!!

Told ya'll I'd be back, just like a bad dream or some kinda bug that creeps back when you don't finish that bottle of antibiotics.....lol.  I have some light this morning and can share my other layout!! And it fits a couple of challenges too....which is always cool!

I used the sketch from Studio Calico's Sunday Sketch this week by Maggie Holmes.  Which I love!
I had decent photos last night BUT just as I was about to upload it here I realized I had no journaling round the border.  I came close to just letting it go but decided to go ahead and go with the words to "Rockstar" by Nickleback.  I love this photo of Brandon....he was about 4 here I think.  And as you can see FULL of attitude! I was limited with my title cuz my alpha pack only had 2 of each letter......I wanted to just title it ATTITUDE....but just 2 "T"s....sighhhhhh.  And I came this close (see....THIS close!!!) to buying another set at Big Lots yesterday.  That is on my to do list today cuz these are way cool for the mere $1.50 I got them for.  So here is my take on the sketch...
You can't tell it here but the letters are black with silver foil edging and are chipboard. They are put out by Cloud Nine.  Our Big Lots has these right now in this style and also some plain foil letters in green, gold , red and blue.......so I am making a run there later on!!  You may also wanna check for stamps.  They had them here for fifty cents each yesterday for wood mounted ones and a buck a pack for the clear ones.  Mostly just sentiments but I did get my hands on some doodles and alphas :)  Big Lots rocks!! The paper came from there as well.  The package SAYS Pressed Petals......I am leaning towards that being wrong......lol.  The pack was labeled PUNK and has lots of grungy tattoo, rock n roll inspired papers.   I took one of them and cut the stars out and the bottom flourish and pop dotted them all for dimension...which is also hard to see in the photo.


So there is my proof.....LOL.  Proof is important here cuz I am also tossing this into the Scraproom weekly challenge this week :)  We were challenged to cut apart our pattern papers and use them as embellishments and add dimension to our pages.  Which I do a LOT anyway.

So there ya have it! Brandon LOVES his page!! First thing this morning he asked me if it was uploaded yet and how many points he had......he is used to my scrapbook flair challenges where people vote on your digital pages.....he and his brothers fight over who is the most popular kid based on points....geeeze......lol.  I told him these weren't the same kind of challenges and he was so disappointed......LOL. 

I'll be back later tonight.........I have seen so many challenges I wanna do and I am feeling crafty today! I may even do a few cards!  I hope the weatehr is as pretty where you are as it is here today! I am gonna get out after while and go for a walk and take my camera with me.  Our Dogwood trees are in bloom here and Knoxville is actually getting ready to gear up for the Dogwood Festival.  Basically it is a walking tour of  neighborhoods with stunning gardens and lots of art vendors.....that is my favorite part.  So much local talent here to be seen and I really love folk art and collectable stuff too.

Anyway......I'm fixin to start rambling......2 cups of coffee in me now and I am like the energizer bunny!! LOL.  Ya'll have a great day!!

Tina

2 comments:

Marlene said...

DIMENSION, baby!!! Gotta love it!

Yes, it's beautiful here...87 and sunny, and that's southeaster PA for you!

You have more energy in your baby finger than I have in my whole arse today.

Fern said...

Fabulous LO!! Love the papers and the letters and they go sooo well with the photo!! Don't ya just hate it when ya don't have enough letters in the package?? Try doing Savannah and then adding anything else with an "a".. Man, I have to buy 2 and even 3 packs!! Now you have me rambling!! Sorry!! Anyhooo I love your layout!!! BTW I forgot to congrat... you on your WW loss ~Great job!!!!! I so need to start something!! XXXXX