Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm a scrappin fool!! (LOTS of scrappiness)

Or just a fool....depending on who you talk to......LOL.

Thank you SO much for the heads up on the challenges ladies...I knew I could count on ya'll!!!  Unfortunately I don't own a cricut (that was one of the challenge requirements at My Pink Stamper)......I'd never leave the house if I did....lol. I was a day late on getting in on the Frosted Designs color challenge.  I am just glad I didn't dream it....LOL.  I find myself laying in bed some nights trying to think of how I am going to do a layout and then have weird dreams.  Like the time I dreamt I went to this used bookstore here in Knoxville called McKays......it's one of my favorite places in the world! Well, I dreamt I was outside digging thr the freebie box where people dump stuff they can't sell and I found a bunch of scrapbooking paper. I think it was bo Bunny Love Bandit at the time cuz I was REALLY wanting it......LOL.  I need help...badly! Think maybe there is a 12 x 12 step program? HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

Ok...sorry :)

Where was I? LOL

Oh yeah.....well how bout I just get to the pink and black and green layout. I DID find a challenge it works for...so I'm happy now :) For the Creative Belli Blog color spray challenge.  Create a project using any color of spray.  I chose White.....actually it's called "air chalk" which is basically chalk in a can.....soooooo cool!!! And it won't come off or rub off, you have to wash it off...so unless we have a flood or one of the boys tries to flush the layout down the toilet I think I'm ok ! And for The Sisterhood Of Scrap Blog Hop Challenge #2 I believe.....this is really cool...each day drop by thier blog and they will send you to another blog and a whole new challenge! This one is over at Carla's blog My Scrappyness.  Her challenge is to use at least 3 different types of alpha's.
I didn't like this at first...but the more I look at it the more I love it.  Yup....LOVE! Such a strong word for something so......pink.......LOL.  And note that once again the ransom note look shows up....LOL.

Not sure what the papers are....in a pack from Big Lots labeled PUNK.  Same paper pack I used for Brandons layout the other night. The alphas are thickers, some green felt things picked up in the felt crafting section of Hobby Lobby for $1.99 for 300 letters. No joke.....and some Rusty Pickle halloween alphas and some home made doodling. And yeah...that's me and my eyebrows...they needed a good weed eating.....I look like R Lee Ermy in Full Metal Jacket.....ewwwwww!!

Next is makeover time over at The Pink Elephant (good grief now I am seeing pink elephants!!) They challenge you to take an older layout and either do it over or add to it.  So I took this layout....

And added to it some


Next up....still thinking pink......The Pink Ninja and Prompt #35...song lyrics.  Had to use lyrics from a song, cardboard, and flowers.  I chose the song "Do You Love Me" by George Strait (Do you love me, do you wanna be my friend, and if you do, dont be afraid to take me by the hand, if you want to, I think this is how love goes, check yes or no) Its very sweet! It's about a little boy and girl in school passing notes and asking them to check yes or no if they love them.....and it fits PERFECT with this photo..

By the way.....in the song they grow up and all thru school are in love with each other and get married. LOL.  Even tho it's a country song there is no cheating, drinking or killing :) But it's still pretty good.....LOL.

I used some basic card stock and my K & Co Lifes Journey papers for this one.  And LOTS of buttons.  The few tiny flowers at the top are from the bridal section of Hobby Lobby.....77 cents!!! I'm tellin ya, you gotta looka round that place! These same flowers woulda been $3 or more in the scrapping section..

OHH the sketch is by Helen Croft.  I saw it today and loved it!!

And I am finally near the end :)

For the May GDT sketch at Sketchy thursdays


I'm not please with the angle of the shot but you work with the weather and the lighting ya know? This is Bob and Jesse when he was a week little bean :) I used Core'dinations cardstock, MME paper, LOTS of Bo Bunny rubons, the little owls I cut from another dp from paper studio, Alpha's are Stickabilities.  I TRUED using my stamps but I need to practice first. So I covered over them with the rubons and the tag.  Still turned out really sweet tho :)

Whewwwwwwwwwww!! Are ya'll still awake? This post wore me out!!! LOL.

I'll check back in with everyone tomorrow! Thanks for hangin with me and for lookin and listenin...well....ok, readin.......LOL.  have a good un!

Tina

14 comments:

Betty Boo! said...

Awesome addition to your layout... great layouts all around! Thank you for joining in this week at TPE!

Betty

Christina said...

First of all what a funny post!! you are hilarious! I to dream of scrapping lol
Second, I enjoyed all your layouts. Thanks for playing along with us ninjas!
Your last layout is sooo sweet
xo

allyson joy said...

Yes - totally agree with you and miss Christina - I dream of scrapping!!! Such sweet dreams,,,, these layouts are all so precious - that song is awesome - great choice for the ninja prompt!!! So fun having you plan along,, thank you!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!
{xoxo} Ally

Mo said...

thanks for playing along! i loooved that layout for the song lyrics! and whooohooo for sketchy thursdays (love that place)!

hugs,
mo

Marlene said...

Fantastic layouts! Wow, you've been busy. You're putting me to shame!

Trudi said...

Fabulous layouts, love the additions to your TPE entry! Thanks for entering our challenge this week!

Emily said...

You go girl...these are great. I will def be checking out the pink ninja sit. The song lyric is a great challenge.

I was just on the blog hop and saw on scrap that poetry your a Guest Designer. Arent you a busy little bee....lol. Your doing a great job on everything your doing.{{{{{HUGS}}}}

Ceal said...

what beautiful layouts! TFS and playing with us in the Belli challenge

Stephanie said...

I love it when i dream of scrappin! hehe

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog today :)

Steph
xo

Fern said...

OH Tina, you almost had me fallin' out of my chair, I was laughing so hard....
You have been very creative gf!!! Luv, Luv the ransom note look LO!! Too Cute, even with the eyebrows!! And what a cutie pie you were ~ luv the added journaling and title! Super cute layout!!!
And how doesn't like Helen Croft.. My daughter collected these when she was in high school... They are soo precious, and you did a fantastic job on this challenge, too... Heck, I can even here ole George crooning this sweet song while I sit here typing away... To bad he's not here singing it in person, you know he is about my age!!! What a nice piece of..... Wow, is my mind wondering now!!
Okay back to business... This last layout is super sweet!!! The photo is adorable and I love the title and your embellies!!! Super job on all of the layouts and challenges!!! XXXX

Darsie Bruno said...

such fabulous layouts! I love the white chalk idea! Thanks so much for joining us in the Belli Challenge this week!

jdmommy said...

AWesome layouts!! thanks for playing the Belli with us!

Sweet Escape said...

such a sweet layout!!..the song is perfect!! i will soon post your layout on our blog so keep posted!!..thanks for playing along girly!!!

loves~nely

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeee all your lo's!!!! They are gorgeous!!! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)