Monday, April 26, 2010

Ok ...last post for today I promise!!!

At the moment I am exhausted.  I am just in from a trip to the ER after sitting there for 3 hours.  I hate hospitals!!  Bob went out a bit today and came home complaining of chest pains that were radiating thru his left arm and thru his back.  Not good! So after much sweet talking, then finally just flat out threats I got him to go to the ER.  We were rushed right in.....I was still filling out his paper work when they wheeled him into a room and by the time I got back there they already had the EKG going on. It turned out fine....then they did chest xrays.....turned out fine......blood work....fine. BUT because he is a smoker and has a family history of heart disease they kept him overnight and at some point during the night they are going to put him on a treadmill and do all of the tests again.  If it all checks out fine he can come home in the morning or mid afternoon.  And needless to say he is NOT the least bit happy.  But I feel like "better safe than sorry" ya know? Chances are everything is fine and I am sure they are going to find something causing the pain that is most likely something relatively easy to treat. But.....say a prayer anyway.  The last couple of years have been doozies as far as his health is concerned......2 hernia repair surgeries, a pulmonary embolism (blood clot) in the lung, and a massive abdominal abcess from the last hernia repair that they opened up 9 months ago and we are still trying to get healed up. So I am sure ya'll can understand why I insisted he go to the hospital.  He can fuss at me when he gets home :)

I was working on this earlier today for the Design Dollies sketch challenge.  I tell ya, they have a challenge every time I turn around.....I can't keep up!!! LOL....but I am pretty proud that I have completed 3 of them for this month with them......I LOVEEE them! I just need to scrap faster.....lol

So here is the sketch....very simple one but still cute

Here is my take and guess what I did......I stitched the circles AGAIN!!! Such a glutton for punishment I am!! BUT.......this time I learned a trick that enabled me to do this a wholeeeeee lot faster! I read on a forum somewhere or other.....honestly I can't remember where for the life of me or I would definately share....cut me some slack, I have slept since then.....lol.  But they said to pierce your paper first then stitch in the holes. (Smacks forehead) Yeah I felt stupid......lol.  But I tried it and it went by sooooo fast!!!  I was a little worried cuz I used yarn rather than floss....I wasn't sure my cheap kraft cardstock could hande it but it worked out ok!!  A pretty simple LO...nothing fancy or special....no bells and whistles.....it won't do windows...just a simple clean LO.

This is Mr Stubborn himself......Bob :) And when he reads this he will be thrilled I said MR......what a turd.....lol. When I showed him the page earlier he said....Awwwwww I must be prince charming!!! I told him to get over himself....more like a royal pain in the @$$!! I just wish I had a little crown to put on his head.........yeah we love each other!!! Really!!!

Here are some close ups of the stitching and the CUTE frogs.....check out the top one....it has a little spring attached and bobbles all over the place.....lol.  I've had them for a couple of years and am finally using them.....and I must say they are way cuter on the LO then in the package....so keep that in mind next time ya'll hoard something and are afraid to use it.....it can't bring you enjoyment laying around in your scrap stash.

BOINGGGGGGGG!!!! LOL...too cute! I couldn't find my googly eyes to add to this but when I do you can bet I will.......I just think doing that is cute....yeah I'm weird :)

And the stitching....

Now that I know an easier way I will be doing a lot more of this. The whole page is actually just scraps, buttons from my stash and the little froggies are from Paper Bliss, stickabilities and thickers for the alphas, paper studio for the card stock.

Despite Bob's little health scare tonight this has been a phenominal day! I also found out that I won a book on handmade flowers from one of the many giveaways I stalked over the weekend AND I was asked to join ANOTHER DT!!!! No joke!! I don't want to say anything just yet....I will let them announce first but I am sooooooo honored to have been asked to be a part of this group.  I only recently discovered them and have tried to hit their challenges because they are truly one of the most awesome places I have played.  I feel the way the DT treats you when you play in a challenge really reflects on the site or owner and they have been sooo nice and sooo encouraging.  I hope I can be that kind of DT member and people will feel that same way about me. I sooooo love my homes at Project B & Scrap it With A Song and I am very excited to get started at TPE and my newest gig......hopefully I can brag out loud about it tomorrow!!!

And hopefully my fella will be back home where he belongs tomorrow as well!!!!

I'm beat so it's off to bed for me!
Hugs n stuff to ya'll!
Tina

8 comments:

~Christina~ said...

How cute is that!?!?!?!?!?! I love the title and good for you making him go to the ER! :)

Marlene said...

Adorable layout! Congrats on yet another DT! And yes, I agree that it is better to be safe than sorry. ALWAYS!

Toucan Scraps said...

great frog

Kristy said...

Definitely better safe than sorry!!! They may be men but we women gotta strong arm them sometimes! LOL! LOVE your LO and yes, glutton for punishment but it looks fantastic! LOVE the frogs and your pic of your prince is perfect! We *heart* you too! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

Fern said...

I hope Bob is feeling better this morning and on his way home!! That would be scary for anyone, but especially with someone who smokes...
Way to go gf ~ another DT position!!! You are such a multi-tasker, I can barely keep up with one at a time!!
Your layout of Bob is too cute!! Your stitching is awesome and I luuuuv the cute frogs!!
Take care!!! XXXXX

CraftyGirl said...

Your frog is just about the cutest little dude I have ever seen!! He could just hop right off that page!! And good for you for making him go to the ER... you can never be too careful with that business!! Hope all of his tests today go well!
Barb:)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [27 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! That lo is ADORABLE!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the froggys and those stitched circles!!! and glad bob is okay....will keep him in my prayers!!!! and I will send out your ginsu knives as soon as i get your $79.95!! LOL LOL LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)