Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Woooo Hoooo Spring Break is over!!! (catching up with LOTS of photos)

I have NEVER been so happy to see school start back up.....seriously!!! I know it was only a week....but it seems like a year....lol.  It wasn't all bad, don't get me wrong...and I love my kiddos to death....but they were at each other all week.  There was more drama here than on an episode of Real Housewives of Orange County....or whatever it is......lol.  I just hope I can survive the summer......and it is coming quick!!  Anyone got room for a summer guest? (smiles sweetly)

Like I said, it wasn't all bad!  We had a beautiful Easter and the weather has been just incredible lately. On Saturday we dyed eggs.......check out this sweet pic....

Is he not adorable??? That's Jesse :)  You know I am gonna show a couple more so just go ahead and have a seat.....lol.

And doncha just love his little bunny tongs? LOL.  If you are gonna do a job right you gotta have the right tools for the job!!!

And here is a solo shot of the eggs in all of thier colored glory....Jesse also opted for a "Star Wars" egg coloring kit......who knew they even made such a thing??? Basically it's just a plain ol egg coloring kit with Star Wars stickers.....Jesse made them have some sort of intergalactic battle before finishing them up.....

And here is a shot of my 14 year old Jacob......
Note the energy drink in hand AND the eyes that make him look like someone stuck him in the butt with a cattle prod......"Caffiene doesn't effect me at all" (rolls eyes) Yeah RIGHT!!!!

And here is Steven.....

Can you tell they are brothers? LOL

Ok......just a couple more I promise.......these are Easter day photos......I hid Jesse's basket outside and he had to hunt it down.  I told you I ended up shopping for a premade basket I think.....the day before Easter.....at Walmart....UGHHHHHHHH!!!!! It was worth it to see his face tho :)
Yeah it REALLY is almost as tall as he is.....lol

No pix of Matt....he stayed pretty well hidden.....and I can't blame him.......lol.  And Brandon was still at my Mom's house.  So we had a really nice little family holiday :) And as I said...it was fun, and  I DO miss sleeping in......but I'm sure ya'll know how it is....sometimes you need a vacation to recover from your vacation!

I have a couple of challenge LO's to share.  I have one that is just gonna have to wait til morning cuz I can't get a good shot of it to save my life.  Figures since it is the only one I finished the past couple of days that I really like.....LOL.

So I did these 2 using Sketchy Thursdays sketch from this week.

Why 2 you ask? Well DUH!! I didn't like the first one.....LOL.  I love the papers on it but this LO needs something....seriously.  It WILL be redone because I love the photo too much to not have it in my album.  So any suggestions are more than welcome!  I think stitching might give it some ooomph.....and more flowers maybe.  I was trying to stay with the sketch but it needs more.

This is Jacob and his g/f Stephany at thier ROTC ball.....well actually right before the ball.  Papers are MME and the embellies are Bo Bunny.  The flower I made.  The alphas are paper studio.

Attempt #2 I only like slightly better.

These are some photos my mom had amde of Brandon last year.  I like the idea of using multiple copies of the same photo....it's perfect for those millions of small photos you get in these packages and always have left over.  I think I would like this more on a different color cardstack background.  The cardstock is Paper Studio and everything else except for the circle is from DCWV Grade School stack.  The circle was cut from Cosmo Cricket's Snorkle.  The alphas were cut from on of the papers and I spelled out his name with them.

Next challenge is the Color Challenge over at Design Dollies.  They have a great prize this month and I just love thier blog and the challenges.  It's one of my faves :)  the color combo we were give is this swatch

Colors are dark green, rust, and yellow.
I went digi again this week because I was RAK's this super cute kit from Kim B Designs a year or so back....maybe longer.  And I scrapped this photo of Jesse doing what all boys love to do...play in yucky stuff......lol.  This was at our local park and he sat there forever just playing with the stick and whatever floated by him.....lol.

Most of my "green" is in the water.......lol.  EWwwwwww :)

That's all I got! Thanks for stickin with me this long......LOL.  I'm trying to get lots of challenges done this week and also get back into the swing of bloggin!! I've missed my blog buddies more than you know!!!  Ya'll have a great night!!

Tina

5 comments:

Leah the Orange said...

Tina, the easter pics are great! love the two boys giving you the thumbs up (for very different reasons!). my teen son is all about those blasted energy drinks, too. BLAH!

the pages all turned out nice, but i totally know what you mean about doing a second page when you're not satisfied with the first! my card stash is flowing over!

that digi layout is SO cute - what a great moment to capture, and you worked those digi elements wonderfully! thanks so much for playing with the Dollies again! :)

Marlene said...

Great pics - and very cool layouts! Love the bug one!

Fern said...

WOW Tina, you have been a busy beaver!!! Love the Easter Photos, and wow girl, fantastic job on the layouts and the challenges!!! At the rate you're going you won't be behind for long!!!! Will check the recent post at noon.... I'm at work and don't want to get fired for doing personal things, ya no!!!! Have a wonderful day!!! XXXXX

MommyScraps said...

Great shots and LOVELY layouts! Thanks for playing with the Dollies!

aussiescrapper said...

Loved looking at your great photos, for my first Dolly challenge I had to do 3 layouts before I could submit it, I just love what you have done in this gorgeous layout, and I also love that the green is reflected in the water. Great work. Mel from (the Dollies)