Sunday, May 2, 2010

Awwwww NSD is winding down :(

What a fun day this has been!! So much going on in blog land....wow! I hip hopped EVERYWHERE in hopes of winning some fresh scrapping goodies and oh my goodness.....I have seen soooo many amazing projects and layouts today.....to say I have been inspired is an understatement! Hopefully I can infuse some of that inspiration into my creations over the next couple of days......I have some DT projects due this week and I really need to get my game on baby!!!! Seriously....I am so blessed to be working on a couple of teams with incredibly talented ladies.  I am just blown away and have had a lot of those moments where I kinda sit back and wonder how on earth I got lucky enough to be included with them.  I am excited, nervous, anxious and ready to learn from them all :)  Hopefully they won't kick me off in the first week.......fingers crossed!!!

So, how did you spend this scrappers holiday???

Well, I got up bright and early this morning and drug Bob out with me to that church yard sale I was talking about yesterday.  I was so sure I would walk out with tons of goodies!! Did I? Nope :(  I didn't leave empty handed tho.......I bought Jesse the movie Toy Story for a buck.  Well ok, it's actually as much for me as it is him.....busted!!! A book by Lewis Grizzard for 50 cents.  Just something light hearted to keep in the car and read sometimes while waiting at school for the boys.  And I found this basket with some cool buttons and ribbon.....finally SCORE!!!!  Ugly basket.....but it came with the buttons.....lol. A buck!  I had photos but they are really too dark to see.....we have had rain on and off all day and getting a good photo of anything was hit or miss.....mostly miss!

From there it was a quick stop at the Dollar Store.....just for garbage bags.....and I came across this.

It's a package of leis......lol.  This will make sense in a moment I swear......I thought Hmmmmmmm.  And it was just a dollar and had 3 of them in the package.
I dunno why my hand looks dirty there.....honestly they are CLEAN!!!

So The wheels in my head started spining...yeah that was that loud squeaky noise you heard...probably smelled smoke as well......I thought I could make some cute scrapping embellies out of them. So I cut one up and this is what they look like individually......actually I think this 2 stacked
So I fiddled and played and look what I came up with......

I LOVE the ones with the black button center!!! The largest one took 12 of those petals.  I stacked 6 and then folded them over and put a couple of stitches in it.....then repeated and glued them to the bottom of the black button.  They are really so pretty and so full in person...the pix do not do them justice!!! And those larger ones I can also pin on a hat or jacket because of the button thingy on the bottom.  I made about 10 of these......and that was just half of one lei. Everything else I had here at home so I can make TONS of things for my pages for almost nothing....I LOVE when that happens!!!!

I also made a trip to Hobby Lobby today and treated myself for NSD by buying Basic Greys Lime Rickey.....I know its an older line but I wasn't paper scrapping when it came out last year and I totally LOVEEEEEEE the colors!!!

And it worked beautifully for the latest challenge at Design Dollies.  I tell ya, I need to keep a close eye on those dollies....they are gettin sneakier and sneakier on me.....this one had been up for a couple of days and I totally missed it!!! I think I have hit all but 2 of their challenges this past month....so I am really pleased with that.  I will get em ALL next month if it kills me or anyone that gets in my way........LOL. And I get to brag a bit here......I TOTALLY hit the trifecta!!!!! WOOOT!!!!

To get the trifecta I had to follow this sketch
Throw in the color challenge which was to use bright colors and kraft, and toss in the Elemental challenge which was to use lime green, 3 patterned papers, preferably by the same designer line, a tag, non colored stamped image, and red ribbon. Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! So here ya have it.......using my brand new Lime Rickey (heyyyyy I wonder if I coulda used the title of my paper and slid in under the radar for the lime green.......lol)
Again I used the photo for a tag pocket......
And it's hard to see but I have my stamped image on the kraft stock....just little grungy type circles

Dontcha hate that I make you read all of my babble before posting the project? LOL.....Sorrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)  If it makes you feel any better I'm done now......LOL.

Hope everyone had a happy scrappy day!!!
Tina

6 comments:

~Christina~ said...

I spend my NSD cuddling a fussy newborn. She's had quite the 'tude since her shots yesterday. Hope they aren't bothering her too much :( :( :( more importantly, I hope her sister's joy to be around attitude isn't rubbing off on her! LOL...there is only room for one diva in this house and both of them are too late to the game to claim that spot! LOL. I did get some digi pages done though :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh loving the flowers and love love love that lo...all that green!! YUMMY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kristy said...

So FABBY! You love like you've spent your NSD havin a great time! Love what you've done! Thanks for playin with us Dollies! ESP on NSD!

TonjiaT said...

awesome find Tina! hey check out Michaels, they are having a big scrap sale!

sarah said...

thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. i totally appreciate it!

seeing some new faces always brightens my day. hope to see you visit again soon!

hugs,
sarah.

Fern said...

Oh Tina, this turned out sooo cute!! Wasn't for sure about the colors, but you pulled it off wonderfully!!! Precious photos and I love how the tag fits behind the one photo!!! Fantastic job getting all of those challenges in one layout!! You ROCK, as usual!!!
Sounds like you had a fun day Saturday!!! I must have been sleeping, because I just now saw this!! I hope I was sleeping and not going blind in my old age!!!!! :o( I was going to say have a great evening, but I remembered you're refereeing tonight!!!! lol Hugs!!!