Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Christmas in May!!!

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhh today was a great mail day!!!! I swear it felt like Christmas......lots of goodies!!!!  First off I got my order today from ScrapBuck.  If you haven't checked them out they are a kinda discount scrapbooking store.  If you don't mind not having the newest stuff they are pretty cool.  Mostly overstocks and discontinues....like Big Lots....LOL.  Prices are amazing except the shipping is a little outrageous.  I bought $11.49 worth of stuff and shipping was $7.99.......OUCH!  Still, I got a lot of stuff for under 20 bucks!

I got this kit from Foof lala called "Thrift Shop" beautifully vintage! These numbers from cloud nine, and a box of 60 flowers from Making Memories, and 115 paper butterflies and flowers also from making memories spring fling collection.
And this really cool paper pack from Cosmo Cricket called Get Happy.  LOVE IT!!!!! Perfect for boys!!! Lots of messy, grungy type papers!

And this really cute kit for Jesse's pix!

And as my blogging buddy Julie says "THAT"S NOT ALL!!!!" (Think infomercial.....lol)  I also received a couple of my prize packs today! WOOT!!!!!  First up from Scrapmasters Paradise......I loveeeee these papers!! When I opened it the very first paper I saw was a cream paper with black velvet flocking......WOW!!! Several velvet and glitter papers.....just stunning!!!  They are the perfect size for card making and great for scrapping....I hate cutting into a 12 x 12 sheet of paper! There are 40 sheets of yumminess!!!
I love paper! 

And I got this flower making book PLUS supplies to make a bunch! I had no clue they would start me off with supplies....COOL!!! I will have to pass the website along tomorrow because I can't find my paper right now.....grrrrrr!!!
How fun!!! And yes I know I am VERY lucky and so blessed!! But I'll tell ya,do NOT be afraid to junp into a challenge.The more you enter the better your chances of winning are.  And not all of them award based on ability so don't think you aren't a "good enough" scrapper.  I'm living proof that anyone can win these things!!!! :)

So enough showing off my goodies........now to showing off one of my kids......LOL.  My 14 year old had his JROTC Banquet tonight and got an award, 3 ribbons AND a promotion!!!! WOOT!! GO JACOB!!!  I am so proud of him :)  He is "thinking" he wants to make the military his career.....of course this time last year he was torn between Rock Star and Pro Basketball player.....lol.  But he is actually a whole lot like me.....he loses interest in things really quickly and easily.  I can't tell you how much money I have blown on scouts......he quit.  The wrestling team.....he quit.  Track...he quit....and he was GOOD at it too!  Got him a guitar for Christmas and he hasn't picked it up more than a few times.  He is also a VERY talented writer...he just has no interest in doing it.  But ROTC has been really good for him......he is hangng out with a lot better group of kids now and not getting into trouble, he has matured....some......lol. And he really likes ROTC and seems to want to stay with it. 

Anyway.....I'm gonna leave you with a photo I took of him on the patio right before we left for the banquet.  I LOVE this photo......he's in uniform and everything :)  And last time I shared some photos of him someone's teenage daughter was gaga over his blue eyes......poor girl........lol.  He's got his shades on here BUT he is single again.......LOL.  Yup....broke up with he g/f earlier.  No tryin to fix him up.....just sayin :) LOL

Hopefully I will get some scrapping time in tomorrow....there is one challenge I REALLY want to do and it's deadline is the 10th.  EKK!!! And Friday I will have some news I can FINALLY share AND a brand spanking new DT to plug.......I am so excited!!! Be looking for my LO reveal Friday morning!!!

Here's Jacob......even bald he is a handsome devil.....it's gotta be the uniform....or he just takes after me.....cept I'm not bald.......LOL

Ya'll have a great night!


8 comments:

Amanda said...

getting goodies in the mail is always so much fun!

Emily said...

You got your mothers day gifts early....lol

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

but...wait...there's more!! LOL LOL LOL!! LOVE YA for that!! LOL!! Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I love love love love love all the goodies U got!! YUMMY!!!! and CONGRATS Jacob on his awards!! That is AWESOME!! But....I swear I was reading about Adam (my DS!) lol...karate, quit. bowling, quit. model trains, quit. now we like fish...luckily he hasn't killed one YET! Mama's heart can't handle that! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

You better kiss that mailman!!! LMBO

Marlene said...

Pressies are fun!

CraftyGirl said...

Wow... check you out GF!!! That is some serious loot you're showing off!! Good for you!! You will have so much fun with all that!! And because you are always so full of energy and extra fun... I left a special little award for you on my blog... stop on over and grab it!!
Barb :)

Emily said...

A lipstick girl too....wow...how busy do you want to be...lol.

Fern said...

Wow, you won't have to go shopping for a looooooong while!!! Fabulous and such a variety!! Good for you, gf!!! And what a photo of your son!!! I bet the phone never stops ringing at your house!!! Oh wait, now they have their own cell phones.... I bet he's never off of his cell phone.... lol....
Hey, I have something for you, gf... You are one of the sweetest people I know and I love that you tell it like it is... Come by when you've got a minute!!
I need to be packing but instead I'm on my blog... DH thinks I need to get my priorities in order... I thought I did!!! lol
Hugs!!!!