Sunday, May 9, 2010

Design Dollies Challenges!!

Hope everyone had an amazing mother's day!!  My day started off kinda rocky...up at 8:30 AM....soooooooooooooooooo not right!!!! I gulped down a couple of cups of coffee and then teh kids started getting up and wanted to be fed, then of course Bob wanted to know where his food was. Ummmm.....excuse me! Ya'll remember me? I'm the one ya'll call MOM????? It's MOTHER'S DAY!!!  HELLOOOOOO!!!  See, I told ya....they didn't read the memo!!

So I grumbled and complained a little, which doesn't really faze anyone round here any more, and fixed everyone some breakfast. 

But I was pretty well spoiled :)  I got 2 sliver necklaces....one that says "mom"....just in case I get struck by a bolt of lightening or something and somehow manage to forget I have five kids.....hey don't laugh.....it COULD happen! I watch TRU TV and have learned anything is possible :) The other is a very pretty heart that holds a jade looking stone and opens where I can change the stones inside.....I have an onyx one, a pearl one, a rose turmaline (I think) one and a turquoise one.  I love it!  I will take photos.....lol.  Also 6 Paula Deen candles....I am a candle freak!! They come 3 in a package and are all food scented....even better.....LOL.  And have recipes on the back of the box that match the candle flavors or scents.  Cool!! And Jacob made me a friendship bracelet and gave me an ink pen......Brandon made me a card and a bouquet of flowers using his handprint.  Jesse made me 2 cards, drew me a picture of people playing baseball (remember he is only 5.....lol) a cute little potted plant they potted at school, a poem they gave at school AND this is my fave........a bow and arrow set........LOL.  I bought this bow and arrow set for him last week and he can't figure out how to shoot it....so he gave it back to me for mothers day.......LOL.  Very sweet :)

So not too bad a day :)  We went out to the playground at their school and I let them play for a couple of hours.  Took all the boys except Jacob cuz he was at a friends.  Bob stayed home and cleaned guns......geeze.  matt had a blast and was soooooooo good! He sometimes has issues when we go out but we had the playground to ourselves, which is why I took them there rather than the park.    He spent the entire time doing nothing other than going up and down the slide.  From there we stopped at the store and picked up some drinks and chips for dinner....just sandwiches cuz I was NOT gonna cook!!  And he was really good there too! WOW! Stores are really hard for him.  But no fits, no screaming, no trying to rearrange the store, no trying to eat up all the free samples......lol.  So that was Matt's present to me :)

I'm gonna keep this kinda short and wait til tomorrow to bombard you with all of the photos :)

I finished a couple of the Design Dollies challenges over the weekend and just realized that one was due by midnight tonight. EEEEK!!!!  As usual I am cuttin it close!!!  This first one is the Sketch Challenge.....

And as usual I sprung off on my own and it's barely recognizable......LOL

I swear I used that sketch!!! LOL I just kept adding and adding......I love white space LO's but can't seem to do them.  Anyway....I used Kraft stock and plain black stock from Paper Studio, The printed stock came from my prize pack from Sami over at Scrapmasters paradise. The ribbon is actual croceted ribbon and I am just in love with this stuff....got a roll on CLEARANCE at Walmart for under a dollar!!!! Made the fan flowers with more stuff from Sami and the buttons came from a mixed bag from Hobby Lobby.  Corner doodads are rub ons from the Bo Bunny blog I won a while back along with the black pearls I won from the Design Dollies Color Challenge last month as did the crystal ones!!! Used a Fiskers border punch and Cloud 9 chipboard alphas.

And look at this cool little thing.....

See the long beads between the white ones? I totally made those!!! ME!!! From PAPER!!! I saw Julie Bonner's post on GCD over the weekend and I thought....how cool! And a great way to use scraps!!! And let me tell ya, they are REALLY strong too! In fact if you brushed a layer of mod podge over them no one would ever guess they were paper.  Give it a try! I think it would even make some fun jewelry!!!  Here is the link to the tut!  Cute, cute, cute!!!!

Ok next up is the Dollies  Elementary challenge to create a teacher appreciation gift.  I am also entering it in the Scrap It Forward "Yo Teach We Luv Ya" challenge and Practical Scrappers "punch" challenge since I used my fiskers border punch on this one to make the scalloped edge around the flower.

Now I am totally proud of this one!!! I made it for Jesse's Kindergarten teacher.  Bless her heart, she deals with 4 and 5 year olds all day...is a bus driver AND is single mom to an 8th grade girl. So I created this little thing she can either use as a magnet (there is one attached to the back) or hang it in her room by the string or on her tree at Christmas :)

Yeah another of these fan flowers.....I'm addicted.....LOL.  All the paper is DCWV Grade school stack, a circle of felt in the center, the A plus is basic grey chipbaord (a big lots find for a dollar for TONS of raw chipboard shapes) I painted it red and added the word teacher with alphas from stickabilities......they aren't really this bright and show much better in person.  Now I have to make another one because my 10 year old wants one for his teacher too :) I love that!!!

So there is my weekend craftiness!!!  Tomorrow there will be a new song to sing along with with over at Scrap It With A Song and I will reveal my DT page.....it is very..........different!!! That's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I'm gonna say!!!!! LOL

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAYYYYYYYYY!! Glad your day turned around for U!!! AND OMYGOSH!!! I am a candle freak too!! U sooooooooooooooooooo need to look into Gold Canyon Candles...the yummiest longest lasting candles in the ENTIRE universe!!! and and and their baking line is TO DIE FOR!! There is one called "Mrs. Claus's Kitchen" (U know...as in Mrs. Santa!!)....'nuff said!!! :):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo and that little wall hanging!! U should enter that for the 'scrap it forward' challenge also as we want to see handmade teacher appreciation gifts....the link for them is on my upper right side bar! I better see it entered! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sue Frazier said...

very very nice! love your blog too! I have five kids as well!!
Thanks for playing with us at Practical Scrappers this week!

aussiescrapper said...

Wow you got lots of great pressies for mother's day, just love your gorgeous black & white layout, and the bling you won looks divine, and that is a gorgeous OTP for the elements challenge. Great work. from Melissa (the Dollies)

Kristy said...

OOO! FABBY! Your teachers project is fantastic! And I can totally see the sketch in your LO! Silly! :) The sketch is just a jump point. Love it! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

CraftyGirl said...

Tina.. glad to hear that your mother's day turned around for the better!! And Girl.... I am loving those beads!! And you made them all by your lil' ole' self?!! You go girl!! The layout is fabulous and the teacher project is amazing!! Keep those fun new ideas coming!!
Barb :)

Marlene said...

Wowza...your paper bead thingies are craftastic!

Cheryl Kosakura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Kosakura said...

Great projects! I love the paper that you used to make the fan flower...it turned out super cute!
-Cher

Tanya Rudd said...

Wonderful projects, very refreshing. Thank you for playing with us at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

I LOVE the teacher gift! Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies!

~Christina~ said...

Happy day after Mother's Day!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE that layout! The teachers gift is awesome too :) :) :)

Metal_Minish said...

That is such a cool LO, and love that gift for Jesse's teacher!
Thanks for playing with us Dollies! ^o^

Sandra Farrell said...

Beautiful job with the sketch. Great job with the punches. Thanks for playing with us at Practical Scrappers.

Fern said...

Luv, luv the layout!!!! The colors are fabulous and those beads are amazing and there's that drop dead photo!! I will have to check the tut out on the beads for sure!!! And look at that fantastic Teacher Appreciation Gift!! I know she will love it... No, really, I no she will, because I read it in one of your later posts!! lol This is just sooo darn cute and creative!!! Tina, you're just sooo crafty!!! Have a wonderful evening!!!! Hugs!!!!