Friday, May 7, 2010

Finally I can shout it from the rooftop.....XOXO :)

Some of you are really on the ball and caught a glimpse of my newest little blinkie thingy earlier today!  It's official!! I am a Lipstick Chick!!!! YES!!! I have been fortunate enough to land a gig over at truexoxogirls !! All of the planets must be in perfect alignment or something lately!!! I am so very blessed and the rest of the DT is absolutely AMAZING!!! I still haven't figured out how I got on....I'm just holding my breath and crossing my fingers that they don't figure out they have made a mistake or something.....lol.

Today is our new challenge reveal, so hop on over and meet the new crew and see the DT examples we all have for you.  In case you have never visited before let me give ya a bit of background.  XOXO is a scraplift  challenge blog.  I'm sure most of us have scraplifted before :)  Basically it means copying others' completed layouts in whole or in part for your own personal use by adopting design elements and ideas that you like and incorporating them into your own creations.

In other words.....take the basic idea and make it your own! I have been playing over there the last month or longer and the challenges are so much fun! AND you can enter as many times as you want AND scraplift as many layouts as you'd like!!

This month we will have a fantabulous prize from our sponsor Color Me Miki ! You gotta hop over there to see it tho.......hehehehe. Yeah I'm evil!!!  While you are there please check out all the other Lipstick Chicks and welcome them aboard.....all of our blogs are linked so drop in on em and say "hey"...most of us don't bite....a couple I am still not sure about tho ;)  And check out my beautifully photoshopped mug......LOL.  I'm the 3rd photo on the top!!! If only I looked that good in reality.....sighhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

And I wanna share my first Lipstick Chick DT reveal too!! I need theme music!!! The photo I scrapped is me at around 13 or 14.  I was very much a tomboy......HATED dresses or anything ruffled......so of course my mother forced me to wear this frilly little house on the prairie type blouse.  YUCK!!!  She had one just like it.....I still get the heebie jeebies......LOL.  I have never been what you would call a "girly girl" All my life I have been surrounded by guys......which BTW ain't a bad gig if you can get it.......lol.  Every job I have ever held I worked predominately with men.  And now I live with a hosue full......I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.  The journaling on this page just goes on to say I have NEVER been a "Girly Girl"  But the page is indeed very girly.....I'm just a walking contradiction I guess.....LOL. 

And good grief look at those HUGE glasses....they take up half my face......LOL



I made every single flower on this page, the fan flower was a pain.....I can't even fold a map and I attempted this thing.....it looks good tho :)  I spray painted a tree limb white and used it, butterflies and birds from K& Co, All Papers from K & Co "Life's Journey" Plain old paper doilies from dollar tree, buttons from my stash, ribbon from my stash, Alpha from American Crafts Thickers, and chip board pieces from Prima.

Thanks for looking and cmon over to http://www.truexoxogirls.blogspot.com/ and play along!!!

Catcha later taters!
Tina

8 comments:

AmesOx said...

CONGRATS TINA!!! I can't wait to see what all you create for XOXO!

Lynnette is an AMAZING lady to work with :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! CONGRATS lady!!! I love love love love love love that lo!!! those flowers ROCK!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kristin Summer said...

You rock Tina....all you're handmade flowers are gorgeous :)

Marlene said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Love the layout...LOL....I think I had a pair of glasses just like that. In fact, I know I did!

CraftyGirl said...

Way to go GF!! I am sure you will rock this challenge each week just like you do with the others!!! Love this LO... so girly with all the flowers!! And you are so brave to put your picture on here!! I have a pic with glasses like that and I am pretty sure NO ONE will ever get to see that!!!!!! LOL!!
Barb :)

kmassman said...

It's an awesome layout! It's also going to be a great 4 months!
xoxo

~Christina~ said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! Whoo hoo :): :)

Denise said...

Scrap it with a Song and Lipstick Chick??!!? You rock lady! Congrats! How on earth do you do it though? Seriously, through a few tips my way. I only have one DT job and ONLY 2 kids and I whine like a baby, LOL!