Friday, May 28, 2010

Important!! Cards for Lennon :)

Yeah I know.....back so soon! I was just blog hopping and read this on Denise's blog.  Now I know I am about to totally wreck my reputation and word is gonna get out about what a softy I am but darn it......I am a mama of five boys myself and this really touched my heart.
Lennon, who's almost 4 years old has been battling cancer since he was 2 years old.


Lennon's mom Amanda said, "wherever the action is, that's where 3-year-old Lennon will be. Running around outside, playing video games and pretending to be his favorite super hero. He's always laughing, running around giving the nurses a hard time you would never know he was sick." But Lennon is a sick little boy.

Lennon now has multiple tumors on his brain and spine. He will have to begin the fight all over again. Now Lennon's single mother said her only son has a 20-percent chance of survival but they're not giving up.

Amanda said they are taking each day in stride, and even though Lennon's bright-orange hair is gone, his spunk that matches it is still here!! "Lennon's a fighter, so am I. We'll beat it," according to Hunt.

Denise decided to put up some blog candy as a little incentive to make a card for Lennon. Something fun, funny, upbeat, or just cute would be great. His nana over at http://fablady.blogspot.com/, says he loves getting cards and has offered to have the cards sent to her since Lennon will be getting Chemo next week. She wants to make sure he gets them! I know most people would make a card out of the goodness of their heart, but why not add a little RAK for your RAK?

Please make a little guy smile and send Lennon a card to:

Lennon Hunt
c/0 Pages in Time
5221 South 48 St
Lincoln NE 68516

You can enter as much as you want, but please mail them out a week at a time so he can get cards for a little while :) This is a great way for you to use up those scraps, win some candy, and do a really cool thing for a sweet boy.

You can read more about it on Denise's blog HERE and see what she is offering up.......I know most of ya'll are like me and would do it for nothing.  Pass along to as many people as we can so this lil fella has something to cheer him up.  I can't make cards worth a squat so he will be quite entertained by my attempt I'm sure....LOL



Ok......now I am REALLY goin this time....promise :)

6 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks Tina girl :) Your rep is completely shot now.

Scrapamum said...

Tina, this is great that you posted this!!!! My hearts just aches for this wonderful family. Having kidlets of my own I just could not imagine to have to go through this horrible battle. What an amazing little boy!
I will absolutely make a card for this sweetheart.

BTW love what you did for the Design Dollies challenge and a huge THANK YOU for voting for me : )

Marlene said...

I may not get a chance to post this... (the candy is nice, but not necessary)....but I will make sure I sent him a card, regardless.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I will be making cards cards and more cards and I think Brookie and Adam will too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Toucan Scraps said...

I'm sure your card will be great Tina

Barb's Boys said...

That is so cute that he enjoys receiving cards-that is going to be my task for this weekend-thanks so much for posting this. I just completed a year of breast cancer treatment and was so thankful it was me and not one of my kids (even though they're pretty much grown). I came here by way of Scrap it With a Song...