Monday, May 17, 2010

It's a Love Story!!

Welcome to week 5 of Scrap It With A Song's great musical challenges! Have you had fun so far? I sure have! Even before joining the DT here I have turned to music for inspiration time and time again.  Sometimes the song is just so moving I just HAVE to use certain lines from it.  Other times it evokes a certain emotion or stirs a memory for me that I may want to scrap but never really knew how to up til that point.  Trust me, I get scrappers block just like you do!!!

So this week our pick from our scrappy jukebox is Taylor Swift's tune "Love Story"

Yeah I groaned too......just sayin.....LOL. 

I am NOT the biggest Taylor Swift fan.....she is a beautiful girl but every single time I turn on the radio I hear her voice. UGH!!!!!!  This song however is one I almost like......ALMOST :)  The words are sweet tho and it will make for some stunning LOs!

However I went another direction with mine.......this one features Jesse, my 5 year old.  And this is his "Love Story" His love of HOTDOGS!!! LOL....I'm serious!!! Hotdogs are his most favoritest food EVER!!!  I took these photos one day when I went to a local deli.  A "real" deli...where they fix you these big ol subs or grinders like you see on Man Versus Food........LOL.  Jesse wanted a Hot Dog.....surprise! So I ordered him a regular hot dog.  NOT the BIG one!! And OMG......when I got home and opened it up it was the biggest thing I had ever seen. It took him 2 hands to hold on to it and he could barely fit the thing in his mouth.  He's my child so that tells you off the bat he has a big mouth.......LOL. I knew I'd scrap this one day.  I did a digi page soon after but didn't really care much for it and titled it "Boy Versus Food" LOL......Then this song prompt came up and I was inspired all over again.  Headed out to walgreens and got 2 photos printed and used Sketchy Thursdays 5/13 sketch and LOVE how this turned out!!!


All the Papers and card stock you see is Cosmo Cricket.  Some of it is from Snorkel and some is from Get Happy.  The ruffle thing is actual fabric that I sewed with a running stitch and then jsut pulled it thru and made the cute ruffle and glued it down with Aleene's advanced tacky glue.  I added the trim on top of that with glue as well.  The lettering is all from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey as are some of the circle stickers, including the little one with the heart I used in place of the "O" in "Story"
So...........are you inspired now? You can have a love affair with anything......LOL.   We have a great sponsor this week too!  Cassandra from the shophandmade.com store PaperMom has stepped up to the plate and is offering the winner 3 digital stamping images! Oh wait....THATS NOT ALL!!! Where is Julie when I need her???? (grin) Everyone in the top five for the week will also get a free image! Everyone wins!!!! I love that :)
Check out her link below......she also has some great handmade goodies too!


Looking forward to everyone's scrappy interpretation of the song this week! Thats my fave part of this gig....ya'll inspire me too!

Have a great day!
Tina



She sells digi images as well as handmade paper crafting goodies. She is giving the winner 3 images plus 1 image to the rest of the top 5.

8 comments:

~Christina~ said...

...and wait....there's more!! LOL.... ;)

That is one honkin' HUGE hot dog!!!!!

Toucan Scraps said...

great take on the challenge Tina.

Chloe :-) said...

LOL - great LO :-)

Emily said...

What a sweet layout. I bet my 2 year old and your son could have a hot dog eating contest...lol. Tanner wakes up asking for them. He always eats 2-4 in a sitting. OOOOHHHH and heaven help us if we run out of hot dogs. He will cry and cry and cry until either hubby or I go to the store and he will only stop when we get back and they are made. Our freezer is stocked seeing that just my 2 youngest will eat about a pack a day.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehe....But wait...call NOW and we will DOUBLE your ORDER for FREE!!!! All U have to pay is shipping and a SMALL handling FEE of $79.95!! LOL!!! Love ya girl!!! Man....this one is GONNA be HARD....I am anti-Taylor Swift!!! Her eyes bother me....cuz she hasn't GOT ANY!! LOL!!!! Love love love love love love that LO!!! Those hot dogs are soooooooooooooo HUGE!! LOVING that crepe paper too!!! YUM!!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!! U ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

CraftyGirl said...

Oh My Word you crack me up!! Only you could take a sweet little teenage love song and turn it into a hot dog lovin' LO!!! I love it!! The pictures are fabulous and all the embellies are just so fun!! Way to go!!
Barb :)

Kelly Massman said...

Fun layout!

Fern said...

OMGosh Tina, this is waaaay too cute!!! look at the size of that thing!! Love the embellies and your journaling amazes me!!! Way to show us different takes on the sketch!!!!
I don't see how you keep up with everything you do!!! Have a great evening!!! Hugs!!!