Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lollipop Lollipop Oh Lolli LOLLIPOP FLOWERS!!

Yup another blog post in broad daylight......something just ain't right about this!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying your weekend! Yesterday afternoon we had a pretty nasty thunderboomer come thru but I woke up to lots of sunshine this morning!! Unfortunately when you live in the south with all of that beautiful sunshine comes 90% humidity and 90 degree temps. YUCK!!  I don't ev en try to put on makeup or do naything with my hair on days like this....totally useless! And I really don't like the feeling of the makeup just sliding right off my face like a California mudslide either.

Jacob is with a friend today and most likely spending the night.  Ain't it funny when one of your kids takes off that the entire dynamics of the house changes? Yesterday EVERYONE yelled, screamed and fought all day.  Today it's peaceful and even two of the boys who spent a big part of yesterday fighting are getting along and have been playing together NICELY all day!! Hmmmmm.....sounds like I know who the instigator is huh?

Anyway I took advantage of the peace and quiet today to get in a layout....It's gettin down to the wire on a couple of challenges so I thought I would try to get em done. 

Right now over at Candy Shoppe Designs they have a cute challenge called Lollipop Girls Flowers.  Basically just make some Lollie flowers and show off your layout with em! And they have a great prize package up for grabs this month courtesy The Magpie Club!


Is that not SWEET??? No pun intended :)

I also used this sketch #105 from Creative Scrappers



That is one of my favorite photos of Jesse from a couple of years ago.....it just screams CUTE!!!!  I don't own any white cardstock.....hopefully that will change next week cuz I really REALLY want to order Basic Greys new textured white pack!!! So I took a piece of DCWV stock that had an UGLY print on the other side and just used the white part.......smart huh???  All of the other papers and the Lollie flowers are from Cosmo Crickets Get Happy.  Just plain ol Hobby Lobby Foamie Black alphas and the others are from Studio Calico's Anthology collection.  The plain white was really buggin me so I started misting with my Shimmerz and added a bit of purple color box stamp ink.

I have some DT stuff I need to work on so even tho I will be scrappin my lil heart out you won't see what I am workin on for another week or 2.  That is the thing I dislike about DT work! I get so excited adn wanna share with everyone! But this is helping me learn patience :)

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Tina

6 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

What a cute interpretation of the lollipop theme! Love that photo!

CraftyGirl said...

Oh my word this is adorable!! That photo is priceless!! And who in their right mind would give a child that many lollipops all at once?!!! LOL!! Love, love, love your lollipop flowers!!
Barb :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that lo is ADORABLE!!! I love love love love that photo and that title is PERFECT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Fern said...

Tina, this is super cute!!! Luv the photo of Jesse it's perfect for the Candy Shoppe Designs Challenge and great job with the sketch, too!!! Hugs!!!

Myia Shantrice said...

Super Super cute! Love the title and the layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Candy Shoppe Designs!

allyson joy said...

awesome flowers chicky ~ i love how you used em in the layout!! thanks for hanging with the lollipop girls!!
{xoxo} ally
sour patch chick