Monday, May 3, 2010

New week new challenge at Scrap it With A Song!

Are ya ready?? Ya'll are getting really good at scrapping these songs! I hope you are enjoying the challenges over at Scrap It With A Song.....I know I sure enjoy seeing everyones takes on the songs......its always really cool to me to see how differently each person interprets the lyrics or gets inspired. 

This week we have a really fun one for you! Lady GaGa and "Papparazzi"  Sooooo many ideas went thru my head with this one but I finally settled on scrapping my 14 year old son Jacob.
I titled it "He is his own paparazzi" LOL Why???? So glad you asked!!!!! He is bad about running off with my camera and taking a billion photos for his facebook or myspace page.  And as you can see....they ALL pretty much look the same.  I kid you not....the boy has hundreds of photos in his albums and maybe.....ohhhh 3 poses......LOL.   And he never deletes them from my camera card. GRRRRRRR .  So I played around a bit and used some of the lyrics. Like "baby there is no other superstar" "You'll be famous" "I'm your biggest fan" I tried to kinda give it that grungy , graffiti kinda feel.

I made a RARE 2 page LO. And used an awesome digi kit by Lauren Grier and Julie Billingsly titled "Cause and Effect"  PERFECT for those grungy boy pages!!

So hop on over to Scrap It With A Song and play along with us this week. The turnout has been GREAT so far and there is a sweet prize up for grabs again this week courtesy of our fearless leader Christina! We have some amazing DT examples this week for inspiration, and of course you can find the lyrics as well.

Ohhhhhhhhh And if you haven't already checked out the top five from last week you should!! A couple of my own blog followers are top fiverz and one even WON IT ALL!!!!!!  I'm so proud of ya'll :)

Be back a little later after the kids head to bed for the night.  I have been doing a LOT of referee-ing tonight!!

Tina

5 comments:

Fern said...

Tina, this is a fantastic "guy" project and a 2 pager to boot!!! You go girl!!! Love those circles, some of 'em look kinda like cogs or gears, or whatever!! Just looks real manly!! LOL And your title is too funny and cute, but don't tell Jacob that..
Oh yes, I do remember those "little disagreements" that my kids used to have!! I hope don't have any broken bones, stitches or blood!! jk lol Take care, hugs!!!
Still can't believe I won last weeks challenge!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!! Doing the happy dance!!!

~Christina~ said...

LOVE IT!! totally would have been the perfect title for my page too :)

Toucan Scraps said...

fabulous spread

CraftyGirl said...

You are sooooo totally right about teenagers and the camera!! Having 3 kids over the age of 17...I had to a laugh as you were describing the facebook/myspace stuff!!! Ohhhh to be young again!!
Fabulous LO GF!! LOVE the grungy teen approach you took to it!! Everything about it is pretty spectacular!!
Barb :)

Marlene said...

Heeheehee....too funny! Love the layout. I rarely do two page layouts...they're challenging. What am I saying? I haven't touched a layout in months! Smack smack.