Monday, May 31, 2010

Scrap It With A Song Challenge Week # 7 (I think???)

First off Happy Memorial day!!!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful time with thier families and enjoying their 3 day weekend!!  But while you are grilling or hanging out at the pool today please take a moment to remember those who have fallen in service of our great country and those who are still fighting to make our lives better without a clue as to when they may see their own families again.  God bless each and every one of them AND the families that stay behind and keep the home fires burnin. May God be with you and bring you back to American soil SAFE!

OK........My mind has drawn a complete and total blank......don't look at me like that, it's not THAT funny!!!  Seriously I have kinda been on autopilot ever since the kids got out of school.  Which on the one hand is way cool....sleeping in, not having to get anyone to practice or drills....but not having them in school also totally throws me off and I have spent the biggest part of today trying to catch up on DT work so I am lost as to which page goes with which challenge at this point.....LOL.  And it doesn't help things any either that I get sidetracked really easily and stopped and took a break from designing to do what?? SCRAP! OMGosh I am sick!!! LOL.  Seriously, I found a couple of challenges that came out today that I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY loved the sketches for and just had to do them!! I was inspired and when that strikes you gotta run with it cuz you never know when Mr Mojo will just say Adios!!

Ok......I THINK ya'll are here for a challenge eh? Goodness, ya'll absolutely blew us away last week.  I knew there would be TONS of luscious eye candy for us to look at and I was right! Congratulations to EVERYONE that came and played with us last week!!  In my book everyone's page was a winner! I know poor Christina must have her nails hewed to the quick from this kinda stress...I know I couldn't choose.  Head over and peek at the winner's page and the top 5....you may be among them!  And if not, we have another great one on tap this week.  And I can tell you from experience and from what I read on our top secret bulletin board that a couple of us hard a rough time with this weeks.  I sure did!  But it finally came to me and I loveeeeee how it turned out!!

So this weeks song?? "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack.  Such a beautiful song and there are truly a lot of possibilities with this one.  Especially with so many graduations and such......lot's of directions you can go but I was at a road block.   The first line is "I hope you never lose your sense of wonder" And that line just kept coming back to me.....but I couldn't find the right photos and it was just killin me.  So  I took on the task of cleaning my scrap stash and boxing up some stuff to give to a friend and I .......well, you know.....got sidetracked.....LOL.  I did!! I found these pix and the funny thing is that the top photo just keep saying "wonder" to me........do your photos talk to you sometimes too? Maybe I need my medication adjusted or a very lonnnnng vacation???  And then (giggles) I saw the sketch for Sketchy Thursday and it all came together!!! I love that!!!!

So you remember those little sneek peeks I shared earlier in the week? Doesn't matter, I'm gonna show em again cuz this is my blog and I can (sticks out tongue)

First up was this darling flower I HANDMADE!!! I am so proud of this flower.....I was playing around and punching out circles with my one inch punch....I had some scraps that I just wanted to be able to use and I like doing grid type layouts so I thought I could them for that of for banners or garland.  Yeah I overthink this stuff I know.....And i just started gluing them together atop another slightly circle and then went back and alternated them til I had a nice size.  Then I poked a hole n the middle of the whole thing and glued down a button.  Ehhhhhh looked ok.....I started fiddling with them and curling them up and down and every which way to make them look a little more dimensional than flat....now we wre getting there! Some of my circles didn't quite match so I sprayed it with my Shimmerz Mist and when I did it kinda curled up even more on it's own...after all it is paper and that's what happens when paper gets wet :)  So when it dried I hit it with a few spritz of glimmer mist and this was the result....

And as good as this looks to me here it is breath taking in person.....you have GOT to try it!!!  It ain't Prima...but then it didn't cost me anything either....hehehehe! I think next time I will crumble them up first and maybe distress the edges a bit.
Ok.....I've kept you waiting long enough!! Here is my finished product!!


Let me tell ya....it was a pain in the butt to cut all of those strips of lyrics and glue them down!  I couldn't find anything except plain white paper so I reached over and grabbed one of Bob's shooting targets and printed on it......LOL.  So thats what those little strips are! It had the right color and I loved the texture too.  In the envelope is a letter I wrote to Jesse telling him of my hopes and dreams for him when he grows up.....I will let him read it when he graduates school ...... Or maybe when he has his first child :)
Everything I used paper wise is from Pink Paislee's Captivate collection.  Except the target and envelpoe...I just found a piece of blue cardstock and made it. All ribbon is Offray, I have lost the packaging for the bling but I won it as well and the shimmerz and glimmer mist from Design Dollies (waves at the girls in the doll house!!) I used Thickers for the title....again I had to improvise a bit on the letters but I'm not tellin ya which ones this time...I will tell ya it is four letters tho......LOL.
I'm long winded tonight huh? Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much caffiene....I will be lucky if I get to sleep by this time next week!!!

Head on over to Scrap It With A Song and play with us this week! I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing YOUR take on this weeks song....yeah YOU!!!


9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! I love love love love that LO!!! That FLOWER and those photos are JUST GORGEOUS! And I can't believe all those strips U did!! WOW!!!! thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Toucan Scraps said...

lovely layout, gorgeous flower

CraftyGirl said...

Tina... what a yummy little flower!! And the pictures are so sweet!! It may have taken you a while to glue down all those lyrics but the final LO looks awesome!!
Barb :)

Diana Fisher said...

I love the strips down the side like that!!! So cute! And the title work!

lisa said...

What a fab LO.
Love all those journal strips. Great idea x

Fern said...

Tina, the photos of Jesse are adorable!!! I love the blue papers you used, the lace is a soft touch, your flower is absolutely fabulous, the journaling is very creative and the little envelope with the note in it is something that he will treasure forever!!! I luv what you've done with this one, gf!!!!!
Hugs!!!!

Denise said...

What a labor of love your layout it! It looks spectacular, loving your blue flower. I can't believe you cut out all those stripes, I bet you were amped up on caffeine!

Denise said...

What a labor of love your layout it! It looks spectacular, loving your blue flower. I can't believe you cut out all those stripes, I bet you were amped up on caffeine!

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.