Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Design Dollies Sketch Challenge :)

FINALLY!! Due to circumstances beyond my control last week I missed every single one of the Dollie challenges.  I am so totally addicted to thier fun blog challenges that I swear I felt so lost without them. No joke.....sniff, sniff! I love my Dolliesssssss!!!!!

So this week I finally made time to play with the sketch challenge.  This one is just so dog gone cute....or it was until I got ahold of it.....LOL. If you haven't headed over there to check them out yet HURRY!!! The new sketch challenge is rapidly approaching so get r done!!!!

I really wanted to go for the trifecta but it ain't gonna happen this time around.......but I know I can do it!!! I've managed twice now!! WOO HOOO! yeah babe!! I am DA SCRAPPAH!!! So I am taking a little break from the trifecta this week and just jumping in with this one.....they know I won't stay away long tho.....even with the restraining order...bwahahahahaha!!!! Kidding :)

So here is the sketch....

Told ya it was adorable!!!
And here is my take.....

You can probably see my 12 year old in the background.....we have been having storms the last couple of days here in TN and today was no different.  When the weather finally broke I needed him to support my page, even tho I have it sitting on a little stand because the wind kept picking up and trying to blow my page away. NOT FUNNY MOTHER NATURE!!!!

For some reason I have a really hard time with white space.  I LOVE other people's LOs but when I do it, it looks very "off".  First off the white stock threw me.....lol.  So I took some red paint and just kinda grunged up the edges a bit.  And I have journaled in red since I took this photo where the bracket is....turned over o its side and penned in red marker that it was Jesse and Matthew and the year.  I kept wanting to put lipstick on and make lip prints all over the page.....still might......LOL.  I do like it, just doesn't feel like "me", if that even makes sense??

A little history on the photo......the older child there is my oldest son Matthew.  Some of you may not realize that Matt is profoundly Autistic.  And that is really what makes this picture so supper special and sweet to me.  Kids with Autism generally aren't very social.  Especially ones as severely affected as Matt.  But Jess was barely 2 here and was in a kissy phase.  He made a kissy face to Matt and Matt actually bent down and kissed him!! We were all in shock and praise the Lord I had my camera!!!!! LOVEEEE this photo! There are days when even ME touching Matt will cause a major tantrum.  So you see why this is so special to me :)

OK....I used DCWV cardstock....the plain side of a cardstock I didn't like.  Folk Art paint from Ya'll Mart,  Papers are from KI Memories, 2 Daisies and Paper Studio.  The bracket is from stickabilities, and the SWAK (sealed with a kiss) is Cloud 9 designs......another of my GREAT dollar buys at Big Lots!!

And that's it!!

Pretty short post tonight.....cuttin ya'll a break.......lol.  I am gonna try to get my DT LOs finished before the last minute for a change :)  Ya'll have a great night!!

Tina

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* that is a precious photo....i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!!! wowwwwwwwwwww!!! gorgeous photo and gorgeous colors!!! u rocked the white space my dearest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

CraftyGirl said...

Fabulous job with the sketch!! I am like you...white space needs to be filled when I am doing the page, but I love it on others! The good news is I love it on yours!! Great LO and adorable picture!!
Barb :)

Leah the Orange said...

congrats on capturing this moment, T! i love the photo, and i think your take on the sketch ROCKS!

a little tip for ya, girlfriend - LIPSTICK on scrappy pages = BAD. i did an art journal page that features lipstick, and the stuff NEVER seals. it's horribly messy and not archival, so i'd strongly urge you to keep this fabulously sweet page JUST the way it is! xoxoxo (for the record, the Dollies missed you, too, and we can't wait until your guest spot next month!)