Sunday, June 6, 2010

The good, the bad, and the ugly.....and the latest at Scrap it With A Song!

Geeze, it has been whirlwind of a week and I thought I had lost a day somewhere along the line....AHEM ......Miss Christina!!! Like I am not confused enough!! 

Well, first I will do the fun stuff...............


This week we are giving you a little head start over at Scrap It With A Song.....lol.  Blog glitches happen :) And this week it's in your favor cuz you got to see the awesome challenge a little early!! And get a few extra hours to work on it too!!! I'm behind......I mean seriously behind.......so I apologize right now if you played along with the previous challenge and I didn't comment on your page.....really! I feel bad about it! Life has kinda gotten in my way this week.  I'll try to do better this week :)

Our new song should be a fun one! This week we challenge you to Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna have Fun!" Scrap it, make a card, alter something....just use the song as inspiration.  Those of you with girls are so lucky this week.....LOL.  So as a mom with way too much testorone in her home I struggled this week with the LO.  Finally I decided on a play on the words and came up with a halloween page and titled it
Ghouls Just Wanna have Fun"

Yeah.....I know :)

The base started off VERY bright orange!  I toned it down a bit by wiping it down with some black ink from a stamp pad.  The papers and base are Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby...the stickers and chipboards are from K & Co.  My felt letters also from Hobby Lobby and I just outlined them with a black sharpie and made sure to do it kinda messy to give it the spooky look.  I used rub ons by Mini Marks to write out the "wanna have fun" part.  A fun LO and it looks a lot better in person!!

This weeks winner will get a GREAT prize of $25 to spend over at http://www.yourscrapbookstash.com/ !!!
They are so graciously sponsoring us this week and they have a killer shop! So you should have noooooooooo trouble finding something there you want!! And if you do.....I volunteer to help.....cuz I'm nice that way :)

So cmon over and play with us!!! You have until next sunday at noon to get your project uploaded to your blog and shared with us!


I also used the sketch over at SOUS by the amazing Becky Fleck for this one and am entering this in their weekly sketch challenge :)




So see.....even tho I have been relatively quite the past few days I have been busy!  I just had to wait to share with ya'll!  That is the ONLY bad thing about DTs.  I love every single team I am on.......seriously I do! But I am the worlds worst at keeping a secret.  So it's really hard for me to sit on this pages and wait for reveal dates.....LOL.

This has been a rough week for me.  Today I am feeling icky with a capital ICK!  Got up feeling ok....had coffee and one buscuit for breakfast and have been sick to my tum tum ever since.....and now I have a head ache on top of that.  And it has been a rainy cruddy day here in Knoxville......hopefully I just have a mild virus and I will be back to normal in the morning.....well, normal for me is abnormal, as you all know by now.......lol.

We found out this week that Bob is going to have another surgery on his abdominal wound.  Again for those of you just tuning in at home and who may not have followed me from the beginning I will give you as quick of an update as I possibly can.

About this time last year Bob had surgery to repatch an abdominal hernia.  For some reason he ended up with a horrible abcess in the abdominal wall that put him in the hospital for several days and required another surgery and left him with a HUGE hole in his belly.  So he has been hooked up to this thing called a wound vac that is supposed to help it heal faster and brings the good tissue up from the bottom and heals it from the inside out.  A great thing in theory......except we have been on it a year and he still has a gaping hole in his belly cuz it just won't heal.  The surgeon he has been seeing has not been very proactive in treatment so we sought a second opinion, who we saw last week.  He told us it is gonna have to be opened up AGAIN and get rid of all of the tunneling and pretty much start all over.......not what we wanted to hear but Praise God they are going to do something finally!!  You come to a point when you aren't healing and you want to know WHY and if there is anything else that can be done.  So we have our surgery date.....Tuesday.  Yeah THIS tuesday! Talk about not messing around!!  I am a bundle of nerves because in the past year we have had 3 surgeries, and Bob came very close to not being with us any more twice.  No exaggeration.  In addition to the surgery and the complications involved there he also had a blood clot go to his lung and was in the hospital for quite some time with that.  AND he became hooked on the pain killers the dr was giving him and had to go thru rehab twice.

So you can understand my apprehension here I am sure.  

Just please pray for us.....we can use all of the love and support we can get at the moment. 

Now that would be enough for any mere mortal........But Nooooooo!!!! LOL

Earlier in the week I was out with Jesse and Steven and we had a tire blow.  For whatever reason (divine intervention!!!) I got off the interstate an exit before I nornmally do......couldn't explain why......ever do things like that? As soon as I got to a parking lot there went the tire.....seriously! I was able to get in the parking lot safely but had to call home to get Bob to come and help me out.......and of course he wasn't home and didn't have his cell.......so Jacob called around and found him and we waited for over an hour in 90 degree heat for him......luckily (again................divine intervention!!!)  we had been on a big lots run earlier and had drinks in the car......we were being watched over for sure!!  So Bob gets there and guess what......the spare is flat.....UGH!!! So he runs out and airs it up and gets back and gets us on the road.

The next day I spent my scrapping budget for the month on 2 new tires cuz the spare was just a factory spare....and those look like bicycle tires.......but at least my car is up and running. So I gotta bust my hump this month to win a challenge or 2 to get new scrappin goodies......LOL!

So there ya have my gripe......I know I am blessed....I just needed to vent a bit.  I will be doing that a LOT in coming weeks I'm sure!

I'll be back tomorrow with the BRAND new month of scraplifts at XOXO! The Lipstick Chicks really outdid themselves this month and you will have Sooooooooooooo much fun playing along.....and once again it is gonna be really hard to choose just one chick to lift because the DT is amazing!!!!!!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I hope everthing goes well with his surgery...and thank goodness the tire didn't go on the highway...that would have freaked me out!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo!!! soooooooooooo stinkin' cute!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):) and if U want to win this month...make sure U play along with fave things girl....27 winners...very good odds! *wink* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Leah said...

uhhhhh are you in a state of shock? I would be! good grief and your still scrapping away?
good for you!
I would love to keep you all in my prayers!
but with all that going on you still did wonderful page! I love how you changed the title around to work it into this...so cute! love how you toned down the orange w/ the black ink pad!
hope this week goes on better....

Emily said...

You did have a crazy week. At least the doctor is going ahead and doing it now and not making you wait for a few months and have your life feel like its on hold. I hope everything goes well.

Emily C

Marlene said...

Yikes...hope everything goes well with your hubby's surgery.

WOWZA...that was one long-winded post, woman!

Love the layout! Very craftastic!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, you do have alot going on .. I'm thinking I might take a break from scrapping .. but that's not how it works, is it? Scrapping is our stress releiver. So, a great big thanks for playing with SOUS this week. Hope Bob's surgery is a successful one this time!