Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hurray for DollieWood!!! Design Dollies Sketch Challenge

I am sneakin this one in by the skin of my teeth!!!! I seem to be doin a LOT of that lately. But on a postive note I am ahead of the game on my DT's so that means playtime for Tinaaaaaaaaaa.....uh huh!! Oh yeah!!  Gee, why did it never occur to me BEFORE to work ahead?? This is why my teachers hated me in school.....always the procrastinator!!!! It's a curse......I am dstracted really easily.  I can be doing laundry and leave a room to put the clothes up....then something catches my eye in that room and I get involved in it.........My 14 year old has ADHD and everyone swears I must have it too.  I just tell em I have a very creative mind and there ain't a lot lot of room in there for much else.....except dust bunnies :)

So last weeks Sketch Challenge over at Dolly Wood (snort......I kill me!!!) is to take this totally cute sketch, (look down)

I fell in love with it instantly.......Kristy, girl you ROCK on sketch designing!!!  And she is a super talented scrapper as well.  So since I liked this one so much I stayed fairly true to the sketch. But I had issues with the white space....as always......lol.  So I just added a teeny little bit of something in the top right corner and then I felt better about the whole thing.....lol.

So here is my take......um, look down again :)

This is my now 10 year old Brandon when he was a few months old.....6 I think. Look how stinkin cute he is!!!! Awwwwwwww :)  At the time, the kids and I lived in an apartment that only had a shower, no tub.  So this is how I would bathe Brandon.....and everytime I show this photo I get the Ol "If you scrub your kid in the kitchen sink.....you might be a redneck" UGH!!    So that is why I titled it Redneck bath time .....and after all I am from Ky originally so I reckon I is a redneck......lol.

That's not real stitching.....I was trying to balance all of that plain space.....lol.  My fave part is the buttons and the little butterflies that I added adhesive pearls to.

I used American Crafts cardstock for the base, the patterned papers are some that Julie gifted me, butterflies are Making Memories, DMC floss, Wally World buttons (see, I told ya I is a redneck.....lol) and Heidi Grace Chipboard piece.

Tomorrow I have a pretty cool reveal for TPE! We have a brand spankin new challenge comin your way tomorrow with a little bang to it......there is a hint hid in there somewhere.....just sayin :) And I will also be emailing those of you who answered about the PIF to get your personal info so I get your goodies off to you!!

Ya'll have a great night........the BIG weekend is almost here....WOOT!!!!

Later taters!
~T~

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Too cute! Love the title :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hehehehehehehehe....me and you girl...*something shiny* catches our eye!! LOL!! Sadly... my sons Mark and Adam both have ADHD...and guess who they got it from??? *waving my arms!* LOL LOL LOL!! I am hoping that Brookie doesn't have it....I don't think I could handle another me again!!! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo...that photo and title are soooooooooo stinkin' cute! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

Hilarious title!!!!!!! Love it!!! I'm with you girl. I don't do anything until a day or two before it's due. I figure I have plenty of time so why worry about it today?! LOL. I love that you put the extra paper and butterfly in the top right. It totally balances the page.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [01 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria