Sunday, June 27, 2010

I scream, You Scream, We ALL Scream 4 Ice Cream!!

Welcome to summer!!!!!!

Seems odd to say that since we have had "summer type" weeather here in East Tn for weeks now!! So when it has been close to 100 degrees on several occasions already I think it's safe to say SUMMER IS HERE!!!!

It's been crazy here.......and when I say that you know it has gotta be bad......LOL.  Matt is on break from summer school until July 12th and he isn't handling it well. What is it with kids anyway....when school was going on I had to wake him every single morning.....and he sleeps like the dead.  But now that there is no school he is up bright and early at 7 am . What is up with that?? Now, it's not bad enough he is getting up but he has to slam every door in the house as if he is trying to wake everyone up.  I understand that with Autism that routine is so very important but so is my sleep!!!! So I am a bit on the grumpy side today......ok, a LOT on the grumpy side.  Some knothead started calling at 7 am this morning and Matt got up shortly after.  Now Matt keeps trying to turn my computer off on me....which will cause a fight!!! LOL....don't mess with my puter boy!!!!!! And turned the oven off several times while I had homemade cinnamon rolls cooking......yeah....LONGGGGG day ahead!!!

Had to be in court with my ex on Friday over visitation....this is the 3rd date we have had and the 3rd one he has not bothered to show up for....so they dropped it.  Yayyyyyyy!!!! So I have that off my shoulders for a while.

Ok...nuff of my griping......trust me, there is a LOT more but I don't want ya'll to think I am nothing but a whiner......even tho I am whining today :)

So this LO is for the Design Dollies element challenge!! The challenge is to create a LO using our favorite ice cream flavor as a color palette for our layout.  I chose"Butterfinger Ice cream" for Breyers! I loveeeeeeeeeee chocolate and peanut butter!! This could also do double duty as my fav drive thru concoction which happens to be Sonics Mocha Caramel java Chiller with a sonic boom added.....Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Yeah...I am not nearly high strung enough...gotta have a major java jolt.......lol.  This is a pretty simple LO but I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!! And Look Julie!!!! I used the papes you sent me!!!! 3 of em!! WOOOT!!!!

the camera just does not pick up how glittery and beautiful this actually is....so I am personally inviting you all to come over to my house as see it for yourself......lol. These are pictures of my soon to be 15 year old back in feb when he was getting ready for his ROTC winter formal. First formal he has ever been too.....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! My baby is growing up!!! LOL...and he seems to have aged 10 years since then......lol.  Everyone thinks he is over 18 when they see him. Then he opens his mouth and says something stupid and they change thier mind.......example......yesterdya he was talking about how we need a Gary Coleman Grill.Really?? A GARY COLEMAN GRILL!!! (slaps forehead) I told him it was a George Foreman grill and he just looks at me and goes "oh" LOL

Anyways....... I know 2 of these papers are from Luxe...not sure about the embossed black but I LOOVE it!!!! I also used Cosmo Cricket's blackboard chipboard pieces and sprayed cocoa Glimmer Mist by tattered angels on it (thank you dollies!!! It was from a color challenge prize package I won from them!!) As is the pearls.  Again, you can't see how pretty this actually is! Here is a closer look.....

The glittery letters are from Making Memories....big lots...one dolla!!! And they are stunning!!!! I also used sickabilities alpha stickers in the title.

I am also entering this in the challenge at Sketches by Tamara which is to vary your title or journaling using different types of lettering or highlighting :)

Hope you have a great Sunday! I am pretty much caught up with my DT duties today so I am gonna look around and play some today.  I do have one more LO to share so you will be hearing from me again before the day is over :) Aren't ya lucky????

Tina

6 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like you could use some of the ice cream today. That is wrong that he gets up at 7am now that school's out :( Your layout is darling. Thanks for the close up. It shows the bling off.

Barb's Boys said...

I'm going to have to try one of those Mocha Caramel Java Chillers, sounds yummy! Nice page - hope your summer gets easier :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You know...as soon as I read cinnamon rolls...I was gonna invite myself over...but NOW you have invited me over to see your lo in person!! LOL!! Soooooooooo I will be over in a bit! LOL :):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeee the lo...and soooooooooo happy you used the papers I sent!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

Woot Woot!!!! Fabulous win girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!
http://nikkisdoghouse.blogspot.com/

Leah the Orange said...

EEEP! gary coleman grill! i nearly spit my water all over the screen reading that one, girlfriend! OMG!!

congrats on the court win - sounds just like the junk i used to go through with my ex... he'd be the one hauling me to court, and probably figured i'd crumble and let him win, but i showed up, fought the good fight, and never let him see me sweat. eventually he just stopped showing up, too.

so we're, like, kindred spirits. no-show exes, migraines, what's next?

oh, i LOVE the page. the flourishes are flippin' fabulous, and i dig the alphas. i can only IMAGINE how much glitter can be seen with just the right lighting, but just to be sure, i'm on a flight out tomorrow at about 3 pm. see you soon! xoox

MommyScraps said...

LOVE the layout, so sorry to hear you're having headaches... Definitely a day for ice cream... Thanks for checking out the Dollies, and sending happy thoughts your way!!!