Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not bad for a monday :)

Good Tuesday morning!!!

It feels like it's been forever since I blogged.....surely I haven't been gone that long!  I'm tellin ya, since the kids have been out of school I stay lost.  I'm getting too used to this no routine routine....and likin it! But it leaves me not knowing what day of the week it even is.

Yesterday was Brandon's birthday!! Happy birthday sweety!!! Unfortunately he is at my mom's for the summer tho, so he celebrated his big one oh without me...wahhhhhhh!!! 10 years old!! Where has the time gone? He will be in his last year of grammar school this year before moving on to the very grown up world of middle school. This growing up thing is killin me :(  He is also going to be a safety patrol when school kicks back up......he's bossy so I know he will do well at it....lol.  And the coolest part is the safety patrols go on a HUGE trip to Washington DC towards the end of the year.  I am so gonna go with him!!!! Um, just to chaparone...you know :)

Other than not having my baby with me on his birthday, monday was pretty darn good to me!  I got a wonderful RAK today from Aymee aka southernbellescrapper.  And look at the sweet card she sent along with my goodies!!

Forgive my crappy cropping.  I took the pic on the patio and was kinda lazy last night and didn't really feel up to cropping all the background out.  Isn't that beautiful tho?  She is as talented as she is sweet :)  I don't ahve a photo of all the goodies she sent me but she spoiled me rotten! I  am so overwhelemed I don't even know what to use....lol.  She sent me some Jenni Bowlin and Crate Paper stickers, Reminesce, Jillibean Soup, 7 Gypsies......I'm getting giddy all over again......LOL.  She is such a doll and I can't wait to play with my goodies!!! Thanks Aymee!!!

And speaking of goodies......I was just over at the These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things blog to see if I had won anything in that HUGE giveaway they were having.  Well, they decided that EVERYONE who played along will get a little something! How cool and very generous! So if you played along you are a winner!!! Go on over and check it out because there were some REALLY awesome prizes up for grabs :)

OHHH.......and I feel redeemed now!!! Someone FINALLY lifted one of my LOs from over at XOXO!!! WOOOT!!! There is no better feeling in the world than to know something you have done inspired someone else.  Plus you have no idea the fear I had in the pit of my stomach that I had made the DT over there and no one would lift anything......lol.  So now I feel like a REAL Lipstick Chick baby!!!  If you haven't checked out all of the AMAZING work the Lipstick Chicks have doen for the month of June yet you really need to head on over to the blog and take a look.  I am so honored to be among these very talented ladies! If you see something you love , go ahead and lift it! And lift as many as you like! The more you play the more chances you have to win a killer prize pack from Divine Designs!

I  have a couple of challenge LOs to share with you! First up is Creative Scrappers Sketch 108


The inspiration is there I swear.......lol.  I used Basic Grey's Lime Rickey and the little flowers at the bottom are Rub Ons from Bo Bunny.

Next up is a sketch from Liz Qualman over at Pebbles Inc's Sketchy Thursday.

Used Paper Studio kraft stock, thickers, making memories flowers, butterfly and fabric covered brads, not sure about the little A+ sticker, cut the journaling piece from some cosmo cricket paper, the die cut was Pink Paislee Captivate and after cutting it down I added the bottom to the border of my photos, ribbon is offray and I made the little kraft paper rose :) I also wrote the date on popcicle sticks and attached them with more flowers. Actually they were rub on sticks rather than popcicle sticks.

I have another one to share as soon as the light gets better outside and I have had a pot or three of coffee :)
Have a great day!
Tina

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your BABY!!!! :):):):):):):):):):) And LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo's....thank goodness U used up those papers....for girl U are about ready to GET a TON from ME for winning the "followers" game!!! Seriously....a ton! LOL!!! And congrats on being lifted over at XOXO! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

I'm with you. What day is it? Sorry your baby wasn't with you on his birthday. Thanks great though that you got scraplifted. No more worrying now :)

Have fun with your new stuff!

CraftyGirl said...

You had a great crafing day!! congrats on your winnings!! Can't see what you make with all of it!! Your LOs are too cute...love that little chicky!!
Barb :)

Emily said...

Your layouts came out great. Go you on your winnings.

So do you think your kids Grandma will take my kids for the summer too? Actually just Tobin. I don't know who came up with terrible 2s but let me tell you in my house the 3s are hard and the 4s are a nightmare. Good news is that I think he might be going to k-4 next year because he cant be understood when he talks. Then Tanner can know what its like to be an only child that doesn't get beat up on for a few hours a day. Poor baby. He gets everything take from him by his brothers.

Emily C

Chloe :-) said...

Lovely pages!

Suzanne said...

Aww that's a shame about missing your boy's birthday, I remember my eldest becoming 10 - I was like - what? when? how?!

Anyhow, back to layout love, I popped on over here from Creative Scrappers - love how you used the sketch and adding in the second circle works fantastically.