Saturday, June 12, 2010

Scrap It Forward......Dear Ol Dad!

Well, good afternoon!! Amazing that I am even awake after my night of insomnia huh? I went to bed about 4:30 and then at 6 this morning I awake to a bunch of door slamming.  My first thought was Matt.....for wahtever reason he loves to get up in the middle of the night and go thru the house and open and shut (slam) every door.  Yes it drives me crazy!! Nothing like being woken at 3 or 4 in the morning by the sound of your own bedroom door slamming.  I'm pretty sure it is an OCD thing because during the day he will sit in here and his little eyes just dart around the room looking for something HE thinks is out of place and then he dashes across the room to rearrrange it a million times before he is happy with it.  Then sits back down and I can't really tell it's even been moved.  I guess it's a real good thing that I don't have OCD as well.  We would be fightin for sure!!! LOL

But if wasn't Matt this morning......Jacob has caught some kind of stomach bug and was up sick.  Which means eventually everyone in the house will have it.....lovely!!!  He is a teenager and grouchy enough without being sick!! lol

Soooooooooo.....................June is the month to celebrate dear ol dad! Do you do anything special for Father's Day? In the month of June we have 2 birthdays and father's day....so we are just gonna toss em all together and have one big ol party......LOL.  Brandon's birthday is the 14th, then Steven's is the 18th.  And actually the boys have 2 aunts with August birthdays AND a grandmother as well....but they live in Ky....otherwise this would be one EXPENSIVE month for me!!! My uncle's birthday would ahve been in June as well........he lost his battle with brain cancer 2 years ago and I still miss him A LOT!!  So we are gonna celebrate by having a cookout.  And probably release some hot air balloons with little notes attached to my uncle into heaven :) (Yeah I know it's corny but it makes em feel better!!)

Bob is the grill man.....he LOVES to grill so he won't mind cookin on his day.....LOL.  Steaks for me and him and the kids will want burgers and hotdogs. Plus I always have fresh fruit for these things cuz me and Steven LOVEEEE ice cold watermelon!!  We are still having the great cake debate tho......one wants red velvet cake, and one wants an ice cream cake...and Jesse wants one shaped like a hot air balloon even tho it's not his brithday.....LOL.  So we'll see what I come up with.....no doubt someone will not be happy with me....but oh well.....they mess with me they may end up with a big ol crap cake!!!

Just sayin.....

Ok...over at Scrap it forward they are celebrating dear old dad.  So I dug out one of my fave photos of Bob and Jesse......now the actual quality of the phto is kinda BLAH.....but then again I kinda like the blur it has....and it is a sweet picture!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
And I LOVE the LO!!! I love the color blocking for a really quick but still great looking page. I also used part of the lyrics to George Strait's song "love without end"  I think it made for a really sweet page :)

I'm also throwing this one into the "Get Framed" challenge over at BASB.  The photo has a frame as well as being framed by the color blocking :)



Thanks for lookin!! I'll be back with more later....I am feeling creative today!!

6 comments:

Denise said...

I love the idea of notes tied to balloons and then let go. So sweet. Hope you don't get sick! Love your layout. The framing and letters are awesome.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! Great colors, photo...and LOVING that SONG U used!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Scrap It Forward!!! And I hope he feels better!!! Bummer!!! I wanna come to your bbq!!! i'm sure it would be a BLAST! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

I love when a layout I do will fit two challenges, like you achieved here. You did a great job adding framing to your layout. The layout is so happy and made me smile when I saw it. Thank you so much for joining in on the BASB challenge. ♥

Cheryl Kosakura said...

This is such a fun layout and I love the sweet photo.
-Cher

illyse said...

What a great page!! Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Scrap it forward! ( and mentioning us on your blog too!)

scrappygal said...

So great to see you come back and do another challenge with us! Love the layout! Thanks for playing along at SIF !