Monday, June 14, 2010

Scrap It With A Song week #9

WOW! I am so impressed! Ya'll totally rocked last weeks challenge!! And I am so happy to SO many of you playing along! I love this job, and I'd enjoy it even if I were the only one scrapping but it is so much more fun when other people come over to play! Can you tell I was a lonely, only child? LOL!

This week we are gonna slowwwwwwww the tempo down a bit and switch gears from the fun and outrageous Cyndi Lauper to the sweet lyrics of Sara Evans "I could not ask for more".  I LOVE this song! And hearing it reminds me how blessed I am.  I shouldn't NEED reminding, but hey, I am only human :) 

This is such a pretty song and has such moving lyrics....even if you aren't a country music lover.  So, with the kind of year Bob and I have had, when listening to the lyrics I am reminded how lucky I am that he is still with us.  It's a combination of sheer stubborness, the will of God, and a LOT of prayer that has kept him breathing.  So I decided to use him as my subject :)

He wasn't thrilled with the photo I chose, he said he looked drunk.......lol.  I don't think he was.......I think he has just woken up after falling asleep on the couch.  But this is one of the things I am so thankful for......waking up and seeing that sleepy eyed look right next to me....yeahhhhh I'm gonna get all mushy n stuff :) I love him very much, just in case ya'll didn't notice......besides, it's too late in the game to attempt to break in another one.......lol.

I got a little wild with this page....not really sure what I was going for but at the time it all seemed like a great idea.......lol.  I used mostly fabric....the color inspiration actually started when I made the red and yellow yo yo flowers.  I LOVE those!  I made these plus a bazillion others while at the hospital earlier in the week.  So I had nothing to match it....I did find the yello cardstock base.  So I just mod podged the fabric onto an ugly cardstock I don't like and then when it dried I cut it and used it like you would paper.  Then I decided to get crazy with the doodling....something totally different for me and it was FUN!

Maybe I shoulda reminded you to wear sunglasses :)
The photo corners are from my dollar stash from Making Memories that I bought at Big Lots.  I painted them red along with a piece of proiduct packaging that I am dying to use soon cuz I just loved the paint texture.....lol.  The cardstock is American Crafts, used a red sharpie for my messy lining.  Buttons are from my stash and the red fabric is denim from Walmarts bargain bin and the yellow print is from Hobby Lobby's bargin bin.....I LOVEEEE fabric bargain bins!!!! The letters are actually Captivate by Pink Paislee but I colored them red with my sharpie......no red letters in my stash....gotta change that since red is my fave color EVER!!!

Cmon over and play along this week! I am really hoping for as big a turnout as we had for this past weeks!!! You have until next Sunday at high noon to link your project (card, LO, digital LO, altered project...ANYTHING) so we can all come to your blog and ohh and ahh over it :) I'm not sure who out sponsor is for this week but I am sure the goodies will be great!

Hope to see ya there!!

Will be back later with some other pages to share!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee that page Tina!!! And I love love love love the colors and that grid design!!! This is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

CraftyGirl said...

Wow!! Now that is BRIGHT!! LOL!! I love how fun this is!! The colors are so bold but look fabulous together!! I will have to head on over to Scrap It With A song to see all the lyrics!!
Barb :)