Thursday, June 10, 2010

Time for another Challenge at The Pink Elephant!

I am sooooo excited to bring this next challenge to you! This week over at The Pink Elephant Ella has chosen a color challenge for ya!  And the DT nailed it!!!! I am in awe.....seriously!! I knew we had some talent on our team but DANGGGGGGGG!!!! You have really gotta head over to the main blog and take a look.  I promise you will be oooohhhhhhhing and ahhhhhhhhing over them all! I am so proud to be a part of this great group.  And know what else? Not only are they all so talented as scrappers and crafters, but they are also so nice and supportive.  And I want to take a second to publicly thank them for all the thoughts, prayers, and kind words this past week as our family was dealing with a few things. I couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of ladies to call "friends" and "sisters" :)

Please take a few moments to stop at their individual blogs and leave them some love.....everyone worked hard this week and it shows!!

This week we bring you a color challenge.  Create a LO....digital, traditional or hybrid featuring a B & W photo.  Easy peasy!!!!  B & W photos can make for such a striking LO....they look so soft and pretty with pastels, or can really make bright colors POP! Just put your creativity in high gear and show us what you can come up with....I bet it is amazing no matter what direction you decide to go in!

Here is what I came up with.....this is one of my very favorite photos.  Bob took it some time ago after we first moved here and it was taken the "old fashioned" way.....with a 35 MM camera and B&W film. LOL.....It's so hard to believe that not so very long ago we actually had to WAIT for photos.....I can't even imagine life without my digital camera.  I do know that now htat I use a digital camera I take a LOT more photos than I used to.  I feel bad that I don't have a ton of photos of my older kids from when they were small......but we didn't have digital cameras then and film developing could easily cost a small fortune. 

There I go getting sidetracked talking about "back in the day" .....geeeze I AM getting old!!!! 

Anyway........I love this photo! Brandon was 3 and he looks sooooooooooo sweet here!


And I am really happy with this page too! And have been dying to show it off......lol.  I used papers from Kaiser Krafts Rewind collection, which I LOVE! Very masculine....I think I will wind up using scraps from it for Bob's Fathers Day card...shhhhhhh :)
I also used basic kraft cardstock for the base from Paper Studio, a bingo card I recieved in a swap, Basic Grey Lime Rickey letter stickers, and the chipboard thingy that kinda divides the photo and makes use of the blank space for journaling....it is from Memory makers (I got a HUGE box of 75 pieces at Big Lots for a buck!!!) It was very girly but I turned it over with the intention of using the raw side....didn't like the way it looked with the papers so I colored it black with a sharpie......lol. 

Thank you to everyone who has been sending prayers and good thoughts our way this week!! I want you to know that the Lord listened and everything went well with Bob's surgery.....it was yesterday and as I type this he is in the kitchen baking oatmeal cookies.....so he is doing GREAT!!!  The hole in his stomach is more like a crater now....HUGE but he has had zero pain.......which is amazing considering the size of this thing.  I will give a more thorough update tomorrow but I wanted everyone to know he is doing wonderfully and thank you all for your love and support! It means so much and I am truly blessed to  have found such wonderful friendships :)

Now.....ya'll get your rumps over to TPE and show us whatcha got!! You have til 12 Midnight next Wednesday to upload your entries!


8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!! The photo is soooooooooooooooooo precious and i love love love love love love the CIRCLES!!! And sooooooooooo happy all went well with his surgery....but ummmmmmmmmmm i want cookies too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Emily said...

I think this is one of my favorite layouts I have seen you make. The picture is darling.

I am glad your hubby is doing well and doesnt have pain. While he was coming out of the anesthesia you asked about coming to Charlotte in August right?....lol. Of couse you can just tell him you did and he said yes. He wont remember any way....lol!!!

Denise said...

So glad your husband is pain free!! Good man for baking cookies :) Brandon's photo is sooo cute! Love his little smile! Awesome paper/ribbons too!

Denise said...

So glad your husband is pain free!! Good man for baking cookies :) Brandon's photo is sooo cute! Love his little smile! Awesome paper/ribbons too!

Angela said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE you beautiful LO! This little man poking out from behind the chair is priceless! brilliant colours too!

Angela said...

sorry! my fingers are too quick! Glad your hubby is on the mend too! what a great man! baking cookies! FABULOUS!

Kelly Massman said...

That's a really cute LO! I'm going to have to scraplift this one!

CraftyGirl said...

Tina... this is seriously adorable!! i love that photo!! And you rocked the color challenge!!
Barb :)