Thursday, June 17, 2010

Time for a new scrappy challenge at The Pink Elephant!

WOOOO HOOOOOO! Cmonnnn Friday!!!!

The weekend is almost here so how bout a new scrap challenge from TPE? Are you ready to rock it? Pay close attention cuz this week there is a teeny little twist :)

This week we have an awesome sketch for you.  You can use it as is, flip it, turn it, move things around.....as long as we can see you did indeed use the sketch you're good!  Lots of room for embellies or journaling, or what the heck...go crazy and use LOTS of both!!!  The name of the game is to HAVE FUN!!  We have enough stress during normal everyday life anyway don't we? Check out your sketch for this week!


Since I know someone is bound to ask......this appears to be an 8 X 10 type LO....you can choose to roll that way or just whatever size you normally scrap.  Totally up to you....we ain't all that hard to please :)

You simply GOTTA run over to The Pink Elephant and see what our fabulous DT has whipped up for you this week!  Some really awesome creations to spark that creativity in you!

Now....remember that little twist I mentioned earlier?  If not you really need to pay better attention or I am gonna have to get my water noodle out and smack someone!! We don't want that now.....DO WE?? (I'm givin you my best MOM face so I mean business here!!!)

This week along with the sketch Ella the Elephant decided she would love to see some vacation photos scrapped.  If you are like me and never leave home (wahhhhhhhh) go ahead and use staycation photos....but don't tell Ella I told you that.....shhhhhhh :)

So here is what I created!

This is Jesse on his school trip to the zoo. And I swear that is not an elephant turd in his hand!!! The kids got to do a little hands on study of some wild animal horns and such.  I'm actually kinda amazed they got him to hold it....this is a kid that runs screaming from lightning bugs. But I guess give him something sharp and dangerous the little boy gene kicks in and he is in seventh heaven.

Most of my papers here are from DCWV Safari Boys stack. One is just a scrap of stock that I have no clue about, just stash stuff, and the base stock with the scallops is one that was RAK'd to me by Aymee (southernbellescrapper) It is from American Crafts "Amplified" collection. Buttons are stash stuff as well from Wally World, Letters are Remarks and Pink Paislee's "Captivate" Flowers are Making Memories flet and paper flowers with same brand of brads holding them together and I added some brown yard to make a fuller flower to tie in with the brown.

So join in our Pink Scrapbook Sketch/Theme challenge this week! Lots of fun!! And be sure to check and see if you are one of last weeks top picks!  Someone from my follower list is!!!

Have fun and enjoy your Friday eve......lol
~Tina~

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that is a FUN sketch and LOVING your LO!!!!!! That photo and story is cute!! But....sadly, I did pay attention...so I guess that means I get no water noodle??? LOL!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Emily said...

I was thinking it was a fish of some kind but I like the idea it could be elephant poop better...lol. I will def have to go over and work on this weeks. About the only pic I have are from vacations.

I love your layout you did a great job.

Emily C

Sara said...

what a fun LO! i love the flowers :)

xo
sarabeth

CraftyGirl said...

Perfect zoo papers for a great zoo trip!! And I am so glad you clarified what he was holding... our guesses would be far worse!! LOL!!
Barb :)

Kelly Massman said...

Fun LO! Are you sure that isn't an elephant turd?

Jess said...

Fun LO with a great photo!

Angela said...

I was really wondering WHAT was in his hand!!! lol! great pics and awesome LO!

Lydia said...

Great sketch and your layout is so much fun, love the buttons!!