Friday, July 16, 2010

Creative Geneology Sketch Challenge :)

Enjoying your Friday? I have big plans to scrap all day but all I have done is lay around.  This heat is killin me!! But I did get the final touches on this LO I am gonna share with you in a couple of minutes.

A couple of weeks ago I came across a new challenge blog....or at least it's new to me :)  I've been meaning to drop in and play along with them but this is the first week I  have had the time to do so.  It's called Creative Geneology and ran by Rowena Valentine.  Now I do not know Rowena and this is my first time playing along with her sketch challenges.  So she did NOT pay me for this endorsement.......lol.  However if she reads this and wants to make a contribution we can talk :)  J/K!!!!!  Her blog is just getting up and going and not a lot of people know about her yet....I'm sure that will change!!!  So head on over and say hello to her....I doubt she bites, unlike me......lol.  She seems so nice and so genuine.............and because of that I'd love to see BUNCHES of people play along with her sketch challenges!!  So pass the word along.....

Now, here is the sketch :)
I took it and flipped it clockwise and FINALLY used my Nikki Sivils "Dan The Record Man"!!!! I was so excited and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!!!  The photos are from Christmas Eve......we were up late and putting toys together and putting batteries in things that needed them, and I snapped a pic of Bob and Jacob trying to get Jesse's little Mic to work.....it's kinda a Mr Microphone kinda thing.  I'm really showing my age now huh?  It broadcasts over TV's and radios.......Jesse love to pretend he is singing, or being a wrestler and trash talking......lol.  I found the mic and knew I had to get it for him....only it was a Hannah Montana mic.........opppps!!! LOL....so we peeled all the Hannah Montana stickers off of it and even tho it was still purple he was happy with it :)  So here it is!!!!

I added the date on the lined circle after taking the photos......oppps :)

And I guess I should explain the title for those of you who don't listen to country music.  There is a song called "Hillbilly Bone" by Trace Adkins (ohhhhhhhh that man is HOT!!!!) and Blake Shelton.  For a time it was ALL you could hear in this house......lol.  The kids love the song, Bob loves the song.......me, I just love Trace Adkins.......lol.  But the moment I saw these photos I had the title......lol.  So here are my 2 Hillbilly Boneheads :)  And Dan The Record man worked PERFECTLY!!!

I also used Thickers and letters from Making Memories.  I cut out images from the paper and pop dotted them and then stuck parts of the song onto them.......I used the 4 x 4 paper to print the lyrics out on and cut them out. The black letters didn't show as well as the Thickers so I outlined them with a white pen from American Crafts. 
That's it!  I did create a couple more but they are DT assignments so I will have to keep you waiting :)  I'm such a tease huh?? hehehehehe!!!  I will tell you I have page 2 for my friends album for her daughter!!!  She told me the one I did the other day made her cry......awwwwwww!! I'm hoping that was cuz she loved it and not cuz it stunk......LOL.

Ya'll have a great night.......I am off to go out and buy some ice cream and try to beat this heat....it was 98 today!!! And humidity about 1000 % !!! UGH!!!!!

Hugs n stuff :)
Tina


1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I sooooooooooooooooooo love love love this my dearest (and thanks for sharing it with me too!!) That story is sooooooooooooooo cute and LOVING the lo! LOVE IT!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)