Friday, July 16, 2010

Design Dollies Thursday Sketch!

Happy Friday Boy & Girls!! Another beautiful day in the neighborhood here!! At least for the time being.......it got sooooooooooo hot here yesterday! Heat I don't mind but humidity.....UGH!! I love to scrap out on the patio and do it all the time.  Mostly to get outside and warm up becuase I live with a bunch of polar bears who keep it freezing in the house, and partly because I am nosy and wanna see what my neighbors are up to.....lol.  But yesterday I think I lasted all of about 10 minutes.  My glue stick had actually started to melt and get icky.  Not cool!! So back inside I went and I actually got 2 and 3/4 LOs finished yesterday!!  I am just adding finishing touches to the last one and I am really excited to show it off cuz it is one of those ideas I have had floating around in my head for a while but I was waiting for the perfect stuff to create it with.....then I got it and just needed the time......sigh.

I also got another Dollie Challenge ready to roll!! I am gettin in on this sketch challenge before it ends.....lol.  They are doing a lot of white space sketches lately........it's a plot I tell ya.......lol.  Well, if it were easy it wouldn't be a "challenge" now would it?  I done well tho....I resisted the urge to put something in the corner......lol.  Of course nothing is written in stone until I actually have it in the page protector......lol.  But for now it's finished and I LOVE it!

Here is the sketcfh this week.....
I changed it just a bit and just went with one photo rather than 3.  And believe it or not I still have Christmas photos to scrap.......lol.  Isn't that sad?  But while we were on out little "daycation" a couple of weeks ago in Pigeon Forge I picked up some awesome goodies and used them for this page :)  But first the page.....starring my 5 year old Jesse!!

This is the pose you get when you say "Jesse....say cheese!!"  Every single time......lol.  This was taken when we put up our tree.....you can see how much Christmas spirit he has.......lol.  I made them all wear Santa hats for our Christmas card photo......and he posed much like this in that one too.....lol. 

I had a blast creating this one and cut some of the images out of one of the papers and pop dotted it for dimension.

My hands are far from steady so to cover my boo boos I outlined the image with black sharpie.  Again, far from perfect but it adds to the whimsy of the page I think.....at least thats the story I'm goin with......lol.  I also added a blingy brad to the stop of the tree :)

Products used:
Base stock is Sasafrass/Life is beautiful (I think)
The other papers are from AC Merry Mint.  This collection is soooooooooooooo cute!!!
I also used the Sasafrss border on the page around the house paper
Letters are from Fiskers
Also used a back sharpie and a White paint pen
and a brad with no name....lol

There ya have it!! I think I am gonna scrap all day today too :) I am feelin the mojo baby!!!!
Head over and visit the Dollies and play along....3 challenges per week with a shot at creating with the trifecta!! So much fun!!!


7 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Love that fun picture and your papers! Great LO!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [16 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Angela said...

love your take on the sketch!

KarenB said...

Woo hoo... LOVE your take on the sketch, and what a fab title :)

Leah the Orange said...

okay, now, see, you can't say DIDDLY about white space, T, because you ROCK these sketches! this one is especially fun with all the fussy cutting (i'm a big fan!). love it! so happy you played with us in the Dollhouse! xo

~Christina~ said...

HAHAHA....LOVE LOVE LOVE that title :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?