Monday, July 19, 2010

Doncha just "L_O_V_E" Mondays? New Scrap It With A Song Monday!!!

I am having one of those "Why am I up?" moments......yup, someone has a case of the grumblies this morning!!!!

It is a hot, muggy, rainy monday morning here in Knoxville.  Can we say YUCK????? We need the rain in a big way BUT I hate hot rains.....and this kinda weather makes me wanna hide in bed all day. But I had to get up to get Matthew up and ready for school.  At least he is n a good mood cuz he knows the bus will be here soon......lol.  Normally I would go back to bed but I had a temporary loss of sanity last night and promised everyone I would make home made cinnamon rollls this morning.......way to go Tina you big mouth!!!

So as long as I am up I gotta tell you about this weeks Scrap it With A Song challenge :)  I just LOVED this one!!! And it helped me get page 2 of my friends wedding album for her daughter so yayyyyyyyy!!!  So are you ready to play? Cue the theme music Vanna!!
This weeks song inspo comes from none other than Nat King Cole.......papa of Natalie Cole and close relation to Old King Cole....ok, kidding about Old King Cole :)  Finally a song I am too young to have heard.....that doesn't happen often anymore!!!  Talk about a voice tho......I think Nat was the Barry White of his generation.  It's so easy to see where Natalie got her amazing voice and talent from :) 

So the song this week is L.O.V.E.


(Doncha just love youtube??)

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore and
Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
Love was made for me and you

BEAUTIFUL lyrics!!!!

So your challenge this week to to take inspiration from the song (cmon ya'll....this one is EASY!!!) and create a project.  No hard and fast rules about what you create......we just need to see how you were inspired.  And if it's not obvious please clue us in....some of us are a little brain dead on mondays :)

You REALLY need to check out the DT eye candy this week! I was FLOORED!!!

Angela made the COOLEST little mini album......I just love it!!!!
Hannah and Jess both created super cute cards. and Ana did a stunning LO with one of the most original ideas I have seen in a LONG time where she actually wrote the lyrics on her title letters.  CUTE!!!!

So , they are all linked above so please go and leave them some love......they have outdid themselves this week!

And also say a little prayer and send some "feel good" vibes to our fearless leader Christina, who is in a LOT of pain right now with her back.  She is going thru scrappin withdrawal too so she is suffering a double whammy :)  Love ya girly!!!!! ((((HUGS)))) (psssst....I've linked her as well so head over there and bombard her with get well messages)

Finally my reveal :) 
I have mentioned that I have had a ton of wedding photos my friend Shirley has shared with me of her daughter's wedding.....I'm hoping to get an album completed before thier anniversary so she can give it to them as a gift.  So I am on a roll.....this is page 2........LOL.
This started out as a not so great photo with half of someones back in the shot.  So I cropped him out as best as I could and then had to add the mist around the photo to cover him up (sorry dude!) I layered the photo and frame a couple of times to add some texture, or at least the illusion of it since this IS a digital page.  I tried to keep it simple and look.....WHITE SPACE!!!!! I'm so proud......lol.

I used a kit from Studio Flergs called "Color therapy" in cream...she has several sets in different colors and all of the kits are pretty monochromatic, which works really well here I think :) I did the song lyrics in a font called "End Of Time" and created the whole shebang in PSP X.

Think she will like it? (crossing fingers)

So there ya have it! Get your groove on and head on over to Scrap It With A Song and play along with us this week!

Our sponsor this week is ur very own DT member Angela (cue the applause!!) and Toucan Scraps

She designs digital scrapbooking and craft printable kits. Her products include digi-paper packs, pdf printable scrap kits, digital scrapbooking kits, quickpages and ready to print gift boxes. Angela sells in 3 stores, and today she is offering the winner of this challenge a pack of 6 digi papers (8 x 8 inches) from her store at I Did It Creations (the winner can choose).

So cmon over and play.....we'd LOVE to have you :):):):)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Christina...I hope she feels better soon!! I love love love love your lo...I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee how you did the lyrics....and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm you can make me cinnamon rolls ANYTIME you want! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Love your LO! Love that song!

~Christina~ said...

I AM having withdrawals!!! LMBO

I so ♥ this layout :)