Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ella's Pink Scrapbook Challenge #15.....Back In Time!!


It's time for another challenge at TPE!!  I loved doing this one! This week we are going back in time! I know some people are really into geneology and it has really become a trend in scrapbooking to make heritage albums with those old family photos.  I love that idea, and how cool to have an album like that for future generations.  Wayyyyy cooler than just having them stuck in a plain old photo album! Which actually is one of the reasons I got into scrapping.  I thought it would be soemthing really different to leave for my children when I am long gone....to look back at old photos and see them displayed differently and read a lot of the stories behind the photos....it's something your family will treasure always!

So this week our challenge to you is to dig out some of those old, old family photos......I guess "old" is a relative term.....but I do mean more than a few years :)  Pull out those photos of your parents when they were young.....that kinda "old" LOL. And by all means PLEASE take the photo and have a copy made so you don't destroy the original!!  Most places can even doctor the old photos up and clean them a bit so they are so much crisper and sharp...or if you are a whiz with photoshop you can do it yourself!

I chose to scrap Bob's parents from way back in 1966.   We tease his mother a lot about being a hoarder......lol.  I found stashes of old photos all over the place....this one was behind a much more modern photo with about 10 other OLDDDDD ones.
I went digital with this one, but honestly I can't remember what I used.  I do know it was an OLD freebie I have had for a couple of years.  I wanna say it is from Jaelop Designs but I'm not sure now.  The font I chose is called "Old Typewriter" which is perfect for vintage LO's!

So, ready to play along? Just be sure leavge us a link  at The Pink Elephant so we can come visit you and leave you some blog love!!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh what a great challenge!!! I love love love that lo you made!!!!! Awesome photo and loving all the hearts! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sarahw said...

Tina, what a beautiful page. I would never know it is a digital page, I love the ribbony embellishment on the side. :)

sarahw said...

Tina, what a beautiful page. I would never know it is a digital page, I love the ribbony embellishment on the side. :)