Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ella's Pink Scrapbook Challenge #16

Happy Thursday!! What an absolutely glorious morning it is here in East Tennessee :)  After a few days of rain, which we really needed so no complaining here, we have sunshine!!! I hope the sun is shinin down on you and yours this morning as well!!

Are you ready for another TPE Challenge?  Ella decided to mix it up a bit this morning and we have a combo challenge for you this week.  This week your mission is to take this sketch

AND the color combo of Pink, Hot Pink, Green & Black.

I cringed when I saw all of that pink......lol.  I'm a mom of five boys......I rarely use pink!!!  So I struggled a bit and waited til the last minute and decided to go wayyyyy back in time and scrap a photo of this little girl on a family trip to Kings Island amusement park in Ohio.  Oh yeah.......the little girl is me :)  Here is my take on the sketch and color combo....

You can barely see me but I'm there.....lol.  I put brackets around mini me so you can find me....trust me, I am NOT this hard to see now.......LOL.  I am so proud of this LO cuz this is one of the more "girly" type LOs I have done.  Even when scrapping girls, this is sp not my style.  But it's really fun to scrap outside of the box sometimes and try something new and different.  I had a couple of boo boos on the page so I just decided to go with it rather than redo the whole thing, cuz I am basically lazy......lol, and went with some doodling.  The white thickers didn't stnad out much so I outlined them in hot pink sharpie and then doodled around page border, the flowers and drew the leaves and a fake stitch for the flower stems.

I used: White textured cardstock base from Paper Studio
Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday papers, ribbon and chipboard flower also from CC
Cut the bar code from the salvage edge of the paper and used it on my photo to add black....lol.
Various buttons from my stash
Felt and paper flowers from Making Memories
Pens by sharpie in hot pink and neon green
Thickers

So there ya have it! Cmon over to TPE and play along with us this week! It's always a LOT of fun and I really enjoy seeing what you guys create.  Be sure to link us up so we can leave you some blog love!!!

I have a five year old who swears he is starving to death as I type this so I gotta run and fix him some food before he withers away to nothing (rolls eyes)

~Tina~

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I bet he's starving!! LOL!! Gotta love it!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the little Tina! And loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the pink and those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)