Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ella's Pink Scrapbook Challenge #18 at TPE! (and taking care of a couple of challenges of my own)

I'm a little behind everyone else today! EEK!! I had to drop Bob off at the hospital this morning and I have been trying to sleep off a migraine so bare wtih me :)

It's time for another awesome TPE challenge! And this one was a true challenge for me and I'll tell ya why in a minute......I'm pretty sure that any of ya'll that DT anywhere will be able to totally relate!!!

This week Ella the Elephant has chosen a sketch layout with a twist! She's s sneaky thang I tell ya!!!  I love sketch challenges.....I think it is so cool to see how everyone interprets the sketch and how everyone puts their own twist on it to make it truly their own.  And it's also really cool that a sketch can be used over and over again by turning it, flipping it, changing picture placement or size, and even the type of paper and embellies can make a huge difference.  This week I am gonna show you exactly what I am talking about!!

Here is the sketch for this week.....and the twist is you must use the colors of aqua, black and white!!!!

Now......at a glance this is an 8x 10 LO right? But of course you can feel free to make it whatever size your heart desires....

Here is my take......twisted a bit but still using parts of the sketch as inspiration :)

Now I gotta  add this disclaimer.....I know I said the color combo must be aqua, white and black......but there is a huge argument in my house as to what color this is.......LOL.  I have awful eyesight and the hardest time with certain colors. So some of the boys say its aqua (those are the ones that know who does the cookin around here.....lol) and the others say its Teal or Turquiose. Either way it's cute and one of my fave LOs.......LOL.  Just lettin you know that as long as you are in the same ballpark in the color combo I think you will be ok :)  This is a digi page created with Jamie Dells "Boy Joy" and Misty Cato's "Mischief and Mayhem"  Which, considering this is my youngest I thought was appropriate......LOL

Now for my boo boo........with everything going on I have been a bit absent minded lately.  So when I went to check the DT blog to see what I needed to work with I just saw the sketch photo.  Didn't click or read.....I am a lot like a man in that respect....."I can put it together......who needs instructions??????" So I didn't realize the color challenge was incorporated and I created this lil beauty.......you will see it is a LOT different from the one above but still inspired by the same sketch I promise :)
I was so proud of it!!! LOL.  Now be honest....anyone ever make the boo boo of only half paying attention to your DT instructions or even the challenge rules???? Raise your hands!! You know you have!!! :)

It's really hard to see but there is a WHOLE lotta dimension going on here! I used papers from Basic Grey "June Bug" Bazzil Scalloped and embossed cardstock (embossed with swiss dots....again, it's really hard to see!!) My little license plate was a gift from Julie (hugs!!) and its by Karen Foster, American Crafts Thickers, Banner stickers and oval from Jenni Bowlin, faux stitching from Martha Stewart and I purposely goofed it up to make it look like it was unraveling. I made the little hat from Basic Grey paper and attached a pom pom and totally ripped off Imaginisce's Birthday bash line and made my OWN little birthday candle from more BG paper and a white string of yarn!!!

Cute, cute, cute!!! Thats Jesse on his very first birthday :)  That's him in the first layout as well :)

So there ya go!!! 2 LOs same sketch....totally different result!

I "think" at least one of these 2 are eligible for the Design Dollies color challenge of Blue, Yellow with a white and black option.

The Birthday LO qualifies for Pratical Scrappers 7 things :5 papers, thickers, Banner Stickers, License plate, photo, pom pom and candle

I knew I'd fit that boo in someplace or other.......LOL

Have a great day!! I am off to rest up and see if my headache will totally go away now!!

8 comments:

Denise said...

It's totally aqua!!! Loving the layouts you did. They totally rock. I am raising my hand. I actually read that we should use a sponsor digi in our DT layout. Then I went ahead and made the layout, totally forgetting to use it. LOL. Oh well, what can you do?

With all that stress, it's no wonder that you are getting migraines!! So sorry :( Have you looked at Topamax for them?

Big hugs!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Your LOs are both great--though I'm partial to the top one--it ROCKS!

I use heat a lot to help with my migraines (I have a heart pillow that I heat up in the microwave and it helps the part that gets in the back of the neck.) Of course, rest is the best and whatever med that works for the excruciating pain in the head. And, it's weird, I take something every day to prevent those suckers but I still get bad ones, too. I feel for you, and I'm sending some positive waves your way... :-)

Fern said...

Tina I love both layouts!!! Jesse is such a cutie!! I swear you are the digi queen, it's totally amazing how you can put these together! I really wish I could find the time to play with a few out there!!
Will continue to keep Bob, you and the rest of your family in my prayers!! Get some rest!!! XXXX

KarenB said...

ooh... 'Here Comes Trouble' really caught my eye.

I think we've all messed up DT briefs or challenge instructions at one time or another, LOL. What usually happens with me is that I start off on track but when I get creating I zone out and forget, or I add something 'forbidden' or put too much of another colour, or my sketch ends up looking nothing like it started out as :)

AmandaB said...

Wow, both of these pages are FABULOUS.. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers..

Amanda:0)

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Love the layouts that you did for the Practical Scrappers Challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week.

Leah the Orange said...

these are too cute, T! i love that top one, and believe me when i say that AQUA is pretty much the same stinkin' thing as TURQUOISE and even TEAL in some cases. if the challenge wants something more specific, they should say "teal green" or "pale aqua blue" - otherwise they're just leaving it open! besides, "THAT COLOUR" never seems to photograph properly!

anywho, love 'em, espesh that first page. you rock! and we're debuting you as our Guest Dollie today! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site teenabugg.blogspot.com
Is this possible?