Friday, July 2, 2010

Gettin a head start on my weekend! (LO's to share!!)

Ooooooohhhhh this is just gonna be the bestest weekend EVER!!!!!  We have big plans for our July 4.....well big to the kids....anytime there is fire and explosives involved they are more than happy.....me too actually.....lol.  I think one of the reasons I love independence day so much is I get to indulge my inner firebug :) I bought Jesse some of these things called "poppers" all you do is slam em on the ground....no fire involved, and they let out a crack like a gunshot.....he will love that.....lol.  We are going to pick up some fireworks tomorrow and we already have the steaks and they are gonna marinate overnight, hotdogs for our very odd, non steak loving children.....ohhhhh and my world famous Peanut Butter Crunch cake is gonna get made tomorrow night.......if I make it now it will be gone by morning....it's that good!!!!! Some fresh fruit, salad fixins.......it's just gonna be a big time for the kids......they love it when we cook out and sit out on the patio.  After our fireworks are gone we will stay up late and watch everyone elses......lol.

Tomorrow Bob and I are going on a mini "staycation"  That is what I am talkin about!!! We live in Knoxville, which is a hop, skip and a jump away from the Smokey Mtns, and the shopping mecca of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.....we are gonna shop there for fireworks.......AND.......this is what I am all excited about!!!  Pigeon Forge is full of outlet malls.....seriously.  From major places like Old Navy, New Balance, Ikea......and they have a shop called Scrapbook SUPERSTORE!!! A SUPERSTORE!!!!!! I am dying to go and Bob is dropping me off there tomorrow while he runs up the road to shop for gun stuff.....lol.  Ohhhh be still my heart!!! I have heard from lots of people that stuff is cheap, cheap, cheap there so I am excited to see for myself and see what i can drag home with me.........and if it truly is a SUPERSHOP I will take pix!!!!! Ohhhhhh and just for Julie........Pigeon Forge is also home of the "As Seen On TV stores" LOL.....Every product ever seen on tv late at night with the catch phrase "BUT WAIT!!! THERE"S MORE!!!!" I gotta get pix of that for her!!!!! LOL. 

So I am looking forward to a child free day out with my Mr. and we are gonna have a nice quiet dinner out someplace that doesn't have toys with thier meals......LOL. 

So I will most likely be a little scarce this weekend....ya'll deserve a break from me once in a while :)

But I wanted to share a few LO's that I have done in that past that all have a patriotic or all american theme to them......just to get you in the mood for the weekend :)
I've scrapped this photo a million times......lol

this is Branon last summer

LOVEEEEEE this one!! This is why we can celebrate Independence day!! God bless those men and women that leave everything behind to fight for our freedom so we can enjoy the lives we lead today.

And this one is someone I do know......and these photos are from the FIRST time her hubby laid eyes on their sweet baby girl.  It gives me chills to see this and it nevr fails to make me tear up.

So while you are enjoying your Independence day please remember the reason we are able to celebrate that independence and that freedom is most definately not free! Many people have paid the ultimate price just so we can enjoy the freedoms and the rights we do have. 

Happy 4rth!!!

Tina

6 comments:

Denise said...

Have a fabulous time girl. I'm so jealous of you going to a scrapbooking superstore. Wish I could go with you! Happy 4th of July. I appreciate the reminder of what it costs for freedom. My brother in law is in Afghanistan. (My sis with the twins... she's been doing it alone for 7 months now).

Barb's Boys said...

Love those patriotic pages - thanks for the reminder of what it's all about!

CraftyGirl said...

Tina... all of your LOs are amazing!!! I love, love, love the soldier and baby one!! Maybe its because my nephew just joined the Army! You should enter these over at the Frosted Designs blog... Debbie has a fabulous prize she is offering for July!! Here is the link if you want it: http://frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/
Barb :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Dude...I soooooooooooooooooooo BETTER see a photo of the 'As seen on TV' store!! LOL :):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo's!!! Those ones of the soliders just tear me up! *swoon* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jennifer said...

LOVE all those layouts!!! (=

Fern said...

Tina, you are amazing and these layouts are fabulous!!! Great photos of your boys and the ones of the soldiers are so heartwarming!!! Glad you had a wonderful 4th!!! Now take a little rest!!!