Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sketchy Thursday and Design Dollies Color Challenge



Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it feels good to play!!!!! I miss it so!!  I said earlier I was taking the day off from cleaning the spare room to take in a little scrap therapy......that room is gettin on my nerves!!  We have the carpet up and now I gotta get the carpet tack thing up since I am putting down either wood or tile and I am still washing down walls and windows....yuck!

So I spent a big part of the morning gulping down coffee and blog surfing and found some sketches and challenges I wanted to play with.  I missed last weeks Design Dollies sketch, which I totally loved (pout)so I have it saved for another day.  I am trying to get used to white space LOs......lol.  There is no hope for me gettin the trifecta at Design Dollies this week so I am gonna just tackle the individual challenges.  So for this one I combined the Dollies Color challenge to use Pink, Red And Black and I grabbed Sketchy Thursdays 7/15 sketch for the week. 
I am on a kick of scrapping old photos the last couple of days.  This page is titled "Mini Me" for obvious reasons.  I was almost one here.....just a month shy of my first birthday actually.  Apparently my mother believed in keeping me corralled.......lol.  I have NEVER seen a photo of myself as a baby when I wasn't strapped into something......Hmmmmmmmm.  Think maybe I was a handful? Sweet lil ol me???? It was funny......as I looked at these photos I saw my son Brandon's face when he was a baby.  He looked JUST like me! That's what my journaling is about but my mother swears she can't see the resemblance.  Me thinks she is in denial......lol.  For whatever reason Brandon is her favorite and she spoils him rotten and pretty much just tolerates the others.  Tell her he looks or acts like me and she is ready to fight......lol.  Seriously!!  She didn't like me much as a child and we have always had a very rocky relationship.  The dynamics were there from the time I can remember.  Odd huh? Usually that kinda head butting doesn't happen between moms and daughters until they hit their teens.  But with us it has always been there......still is but I am trying to be mature about it all.......her loss not mine!

Anyway......here is another one of Mini me!!
I used my BRAND NEW Cosmo Cricket's Honey Pie for this one.  I just got it in the mail this week and this is the first time I have played with it.  I bought online at MissPaperJane.com and caught TONS of Cosmos Cricket goodies on sale.  I bought this one, Cosgmo, Jolly By Golly, And something else......can't remember right now...but they were the full sized kits for $4.99 EACH!!! Kid you not!!! I was gonna go back and order more yesterday and everything is back to $14 something...........but check that site and check it often.....I ordered and had my stuff in less than a week!! And got tons of freebie chipboard pieces and scraps of paper to boot.  Perfect for cards!!

Ok.....I am getting off track here :)

Everything is done with Honey Pie
The title is done with my new chipboard thickers I got in Pigeon Forge
and that stunning flutterbye is Prima that I won last month in a blog hop :)

So I have my pink, and red in the papers and my black in the thickers.

Tada!!!!

Off to create more scrappy pages!!!

10 comments:

Denise said...

Yeah you for getting to scrap some! Those pictures of you as a baby are darling!!! What a steal you got with the Cosmo Cricket! That sucks that your mom and you don't get along. It is her loss, because you are such a wonderful person!!!! My mom and I are like that too. It's such a shame. Glad you are still tacking the scrapbooking room!

Leah the Orange said...

awww, T, we've missed you, too! glad to see you've gotten some mojo back, chickadee! :)

those photos are TOO fabulous, and must have been loads of fun to scrap! gorgeous take on the Color Challenge! sending more Dollie love! :D

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [15 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girl..that makes me sad (your story that is! the lo....not sad at all!! LOL!) I love love love love love love love the photos of mini-you...and loving the colors!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

lisa said...

That's so sad. I'm sorry to read that : (
Lovely LO though. Love how you used the sketch and love your old black and white photos too: )
xxx

KarenB said...

Awwww how cute are those photographs! Love how you used the colours :)

Jessie said...

Really cute photos and page :)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love the layout of this page! I love old pictures, they have so much character. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Beautiful page! I love the combination of the black and white photos with the pink papers.

Heidi said...

This is so sweet!