Monday, July 26, 2010

Studio Calico's Sunday Sketch Challenge #24

I have been scrappin today!!!! It feels soooo good to have the mojo flowin once again!  I'm lots easier to get along with too.....LOL.

I just loved this weeks sketch at Studio Calico....I haven't played along with them for so long so I thought I'd have a go at it!

Here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it!
As usual I got a little excited and just went nuts with some extra touches.  Why can't I peacefully co-exist with white space???
This photo was taken when Brandon (who is now 10) was just a wee lil five year old at the annual mothers day tea party the kindergartner's throw every year.  That's him in the middle and his friends James and Carly.  I just adore this photo to bits!!!

The title strip about "fun having U in the middle"......I used it cuz Brandon is in the middle:) And since he IS my kiddo, you know he has got to be entertaining.......lol.  I used Cosmo Crickets "Cogsmo" for this and took several of the die cut gears and decorated the bottom with them....
And then at the top I made a little arrow out of some of the scraps I had leftover and have the arrow pointing at Brandon...
Isn't that cute???? And I added a very old star sticker embellie that is left from some school kit I had at one time or another.  Because of that one teeny lil tiny star this qualifies for another challenge at The Studio to use NEW and OLD scraps to make my page......And the best part......I have just one 1 inch square of scrap leftover from this layout!!!! The red and the dotted papers are one and the same (double sided) so I was able to make good use of it all....yayyyy for me!!!

Thanks for looking!!!!

7 comments:

lisa said...

Great LO. Thanks for playing along with The Studio.

Amanda Jones said...

What a lovely boy page! Great take on the sketch and well done for sneaking on that star!

I'm so glad you found us at the studio :)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [27 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

~Christina~ said...

I soooo love this :)

Anna said...

What a nice bright and fun layout!

Nic said...

Great page! I love all the little embellies you've added :-)

Thanks for joining in with us at the Studio.

Anonymous said...

Usually I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this article really forced me to do so! Thanks, really nice article.