Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cutting machine questions for ya'll

I have decided I need one....LOL.  I would LOVEEE to have a cricut.  But simply can't afford the price tag.  I'm lookign at things on ebay and am wanting soemthing I can kinda grow into...something easy to use for a dummy....lol. I don't really know that I need embossing.....it would be fun and cool to play with probably, but I scrap a lot more than card make.  So mostly something for cutting.  Do the sizzix and cuttlebugs have alpha dies?

Just basic questions I guess cuz I have no clue what to look for so I'd like to hear what all of ya'll use.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I use a spellbinders :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hannah said...

I have a Cricut Expression and I LOVE it. It's super easy to use. The only down side is that the cartridges are so expensive (unless you get them on eBay or on a really good sale). BUT you can get software that is compatible with the Cricut that will allow you to cut basically anything. Totally worth the investment for that!

~Christina~ said...

I have a Cuttlebug. I use it almost exclusively for alpha cutting and embossing. You can only emboss card sized sheets so you are limited to smaller pieces, but I love it. I can use sizzix, cuttlebug, spellbinders, etc dies in it no problem. My alpha sets are almost all Cuttlebug because honestly they are cheaper. They run 70 bucks regularly (though I've NEVER paid full price and always use my joanns or michaels coupons) and sizzix run over 100 for the full sized dies. I am so very happy with my purchase and even though it's not really used much for die cutting beyond letters, I do use it every once in a while for dies.

I got mine for the same reason....I simply couldn't afford the Cricut. I am very happy with it :)

~Christina~ said...

I should say the 70 and 100 buck price tag is for the alpha sets...regular shaped dies are usually full priced (though again I use the heck outta my 40%s off LOL) from 5-20 bucks