Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Good morning with a Bob update!

It is soooooooooooo quiet in this house!!! I am truly torn between being able to enjoy it and being really freaked out......lol.  Jacob spent the night with a friend last night, Brandon won't be bck from my moms for another couple of weeks and Bob is still in the hospital.  My 3 largest noise sources are gone!  I think I feel kinda sad actually.....

I wanna thank everyone for all of the thought and prayers and well wishes for my family.  Seriously, they have been what has kept me going the last few days.  I just love my online family and really wish I could hug each and every one of you right now!!  I feel closer to my online family than I do a lot of my blood family......I guess cuz I could pick ya'll but you can't pick who you are related too........lol.

Bob is doing really well but we have absolutely no clue when he can come home.  I am really thankful that we ahve a dr this time that believes in making sure things are OK before turning you out on  the street!!!  His surgery went without a hitch unless you count the fact that he had to have a tummy tuck in order to even get the gaping hole in his belly sewed up.  Which is actually a really GOOD thing!  Bob once weighed over 500 lbs.  Had a gastric bypass, which ultimately lead to the hernia that caused all of this trouble in the first place.   So, after losing a couple hundred lbs, as you can imagine he had LOTS of excess skin on his stomach, since that is where all of his weight was anyway.  He had a lot of fat there as well that is the kind that sticks around no matter how much weight you lose......I'm not sure of the scientiic or emdical terminolgy for this, but it is the kind that you have to have removed surgically.

I got to get a real good look yesterday at everything they had done to him , and i'm not kidding....he is gonna be plumb skinny!!!! I'm jealous!!!! Well, of the end result....you couldn't pay me enough to get there the way he has!!!  They cut off ALL of the loose sagging skin, redid his entire hernia repair, took all of the mesh out and used something called bio stratus, and most importantly to him....got rid of that huge hole in his belly we have been dealing with for almost 2 years!!! Oh and the fact that he can now see , Ahem........"little bob"!! LOL......men!!!! That was one of the first things he said to me (rolls eyes)

Yesterday was teh first day they let him up out of bed and that was only a few steps to the rocking chair.  They made him rock for 30 mins for exercise and said that would go a ways toward working some of the soreness out.  His says his stomach doesn't hurt too bad, it's mostly where your pubic area meets your tummy with the staples and such that are hurting him.  I think they are going to wait a couple more days before letting him walk anyplace. 

He's also doing his breathing therapy to keep his lungs clear........he has got a small touch of pneumonia right now but is feeling pretty good, on antibiotics and the stuff is now coming out.....so thats good!! 

He is in great spirits and really sounds good.  So I am feeling really positive so far....whcih is a great feeling after everything we have gone thru!!  I'm staying home today to do some house cleaning and scrapping....it's costing me five bucks a day to park over there.....UGH!!!! And since he is pretty healthy I don't see any reason to be there daily.....especially when he calls me 10 times a day........and nope I am not exaggerating......LOL.  I wonder how that man even finds his underwear without my help!  I think a lot of it is boredom and just being lonely.  He has talked to the kids on the phone the past few days more than he has talked to them in person in the past year.

So there is the update!!! Tomorrow when I go to see him I will snap some pix........lol.  I'm sure he will just love me for that :)

4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Gosh! I guess I have been skimming your posts too much! I hadn't read about this news about Bob! Best wishes for quick healing!

Tonjia said...

OMG you HAVE to take pics! Tell him that you want to put "little bob" on the internet. LOLOL j/k

I am hearing lots of positive stuff here Tina, this is awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehe...you are right... only men!!! LOL!! I'm glad everything is going good for him...and i'm with you...i'm not sure if I would like quiet that many days in a row...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait... yes! I would!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Fern said...

So glad Bob is doing well... and that you have a little time for yourself... Keep us posted... Hugs!!