Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Thursday! Scraproom Sketch Challenge

Howdy Scrappy Peeps!

This is gonna be a fairly quick post....for me anyway.....lol.  I've been doing my morning blog hop exercises and have found LOTS of challenges I wanna try to get too and I gotta run out in our icky heat and do some errands.  We are close to setting a record here in Knoxville for the most consecutive days at 90 plus degrees.  FUN! We had a pretty good thunder boomer move thru last night but it seemed to only add to the humidity.  We have had air quality alerts out every day for the last couple of weeks and really, it's not fit for anyone to be outside if they don't really need to be.  I feel so sorry for people who have to work outside in this stuff!!  I'm a girl......I HATE to sweat!!!

I have a page to share with ya this morning.  I did this one a couple of days ago and jsut got around to photographing it last night......in the dark......with my night setting on my camera. So sorry about the glare.....lol.  I don't think the photo does this page justice at all.  Seriously, this is so far out of my style range and I am so glad I took a risk with it.  I used the sketch by Julie Bonner over at The Scraproom this week.  And kinda took a detour and made it my own......lol.  Here is her awesome sketch......I just LOVE everything this girl creates!!!

And here is what I did to it......lol

I tried distressing the photo mat  a bit and really like how it turned out but next time I will add stitching to it. All the papers are from Cosmo Crickets Flueriste.....this is such an elegant offering from them....I love Cosmo Cricket cuz most of thier stuff is so cute and fun for scrapping kiddos.....this one is grungy and classy at the same time. The letters are chipboard thickers and I outlined thme with a white paint pen to make them kinda pop against the black background. In person it almost looks etched.  The lil one is Jesse when he was just a week or so old.  This is back when he was really well behaved and quiet......LOL.

Thanks for peepin in :)

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I like this LO! Love the colors and the top border, it's really pretty. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Of course you love her work...she has my name, right??? LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo...the colors ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~Christina~ said...

WOW. I mean WOW!!!!! :) :) :)

Teresa Jaye said...

Hey T, I was just thinking about you this morning and how I haven't visited you in a while! Then you visited me! The picture on my Jake layout is our new favorite - he's so adorable! Anyway, I love your take on Julie's sketch, I have that one on my desk to do also. I love what you did with the Cosmo papers, and the border saying is awesome!
Good to hear from you again!