Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Simplicity...........Lasting Moments Layout Challenges

Helloooo my scrappy peeps!

At the moment I am so sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open.  These all day hospital visits and kid running is killing me! Bob had his bazillionth surgery today and seems to be doing ok.....lots of pain but ok :)  I haven't gotten to talk to the doc yet so no clue on how he thinks this is gonna go, how long til Bob comes home....nothin :(  When I get a clue I will share!!

I sat down tonight to scrap......I had seen a stunning layout somewhere but I can't remember where or who it was by.....so I can't tell you who I ripped off.....LOL. Sorry!!! I have a lot on my already feeble mind right now :)  Also somewhere in my blog hopping travels I came across this blog called Lasting Moments Layout Challenges.  They are a pretty new blog and are really trying to get their name out there.  And we all know what a sucker I am for a challenge blog.......I was totally stunned to find I officially "follow" over 1,000 blogs.  No kidding! I need help.......LOL.

Ok, where was I?

Oh yeah.......they are a pretty new blog and they REALLy would LOVEEEEE more peeps to come over and play with them.  SO.........(yeah this is the part where I butter you up) If you decide to play along after checking them out just let them know I drug you over......we could both win some awesome goodies!!!! Not sure what exactly but I am in dire need of happy mail right about now so help a girl out would ya? LOL

So this weeks challegne is simplicty.

Create a "simple" LO.

Hmmmmmm...............I was looking for a catch or the fine print but didn't find any!!!

But this design came to mind.....yeah the one I stole but don't remember where from......LOL.  And I dug out my 10 year olds ultrasound pic.  Now before you give me a hard time about being 10 years behind, let me remind you that I have barely a years worth of paper scrapping experience.  Just sayin.......

But even if I didn't we all know I'd be this far behind......LOL.

I know I am babbling incoherently......you may need a translator by the time I finish this post.....told ya, I'm tired!!!!!

So here ya go......my version of simplicity :)
Unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice. It's much darker in person and I just LOVE it!!!!  My papers are basic grey's porcelian collection if that gives you any ideas as to what the colors actually look like. My little flowers I bought in Pigeon Forge a few weeks back for 10 cents each......I grabbed a big handful :) I made the stems out of paper simply (HA!! See....I'm pushin the simple theme!!) folded and twisted and them glued in place.I used a chipboard piece to make a little flower box and added pearls to it and a little butterfly...the chipboard frame and the flower box as well as the little solid butterfly and canvas brads used for the flower centers are all from Making Memories.  And I cut the top off of some Prima packaging to use to write Brandon's name......

Wow........I can't believe that I was just 5 months along here and you can make out every single facial feature.  Amazing :)

Thanks for looking.......I hear a bed calling my name!!!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Poor Bob and POOR Tina!!! I hope everything did go okay for him! I love love love love love the lo!! The papers are YUM and loving those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Tina! Isn't this darling! I love how you did this LO and nope, no fine print...just a simple LO is all we're looking for and this is just perfect.

Thanks so much for joining us this week at Lasting Memories and we'll keep an eye out for a friend! You still have a chance anyway for being a first timer too!!

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful LO, and I hope things start looking up for you!!! Hope you can all get some rest soon!

Tonjia said...

Is that little Jesse??? awwww....

I wish I had your talent Tina, you really do an amazing job..

Denise said...

Poor baby. You should exhausted!! I hope you got a good night's sleep. Such a tough time for you and your family. Hope this is his last surgery!!!!

Your layout is gorgeous. But um, 1000 blogs?!!! Makes my 300 sound like nothing, lol!!!

Pris said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing over at Lasting Memories... wea re so happy everytime we get a new follower! Hope you can bring a friend and win our candy!!!

Kelli said...

This is very cool. It looks like Quilting! Nice! Thanks for playing at LMLC