Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Sweet Peach Of a Design Dollie Color Challenge

Ya know......it's not easy to come up with clever blog titles that mix two challenges together.  It's time like this where my former career as a radio broadcaster extraordinaire comes in handy! Well, actually I was just a lowly DJ.......I also learned how to pad my resume to make myself sound important.....lol.

I had a little crafty time today......yayyyyyyyy!!!  Design Dollies has an AWESOME color challenge this week.  I totally love this color palette!!! Kraft is my absolute favorite thing EVER!! Especially when you add really bright pops of color to it. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!!!! Here is the color swatch for this week
Ok....this looks a little off on my screen but the colors are Kraft, Yellow and White! You can have other colors as well but these 3 MUST be the main focus of your project!!

And I also found a new (to me) blog called The Sweet Peach Crop Shop Blog.  Say that 3 times real fast....I dare ya!!!! They are a kit club blog but they allow stragglers like me to come play along with the challenges even if I don't subscribe or have one of their monthly kits.  Gotta love that!!!! And  while there I found this super cute sketch by none other than Liz Qualman!!!!
So I tossed both challenges into a blender.....fired it up on super dyna whoppin high speed and came up with a "Sweet Peach Of A Design Dollie Color Challenge"!!

Here's my result :)

I LOVEEEEE it!! Wanna know the very best part of this? Everytime I look at it, not only will I remember this day but I will also think of my wonderful online friends and family cuz ther are bits and pieces of a few of them in this LO!!  I have papers here from Jillibean Soup and  Sassafras from Julie......btw Julie.....this is the little boy I am trying to hook Brookie up with!!! Say hi to Brookie Jesse!!! :)

And this CUTE little altered paper clip is from Amy (just got in the mail today!!!) over at Julie's challenge blog "A Few Of My Favorite Things" I just adore it!!! Here is a close up.....
Oh my gosh!!!! How can I not love it????? Thank You Amy!!!! You rock!!! I am totally going to have to make some of these for teacher presents this school year!!

And I also got a package from Rowena today for winning a RAK at her blog "Creative Geneology" Lots of bits of cuteness and I will use every single piece of it!!! You should totally head over and check her sketch challenges out!! And she is such a sweet lady to boot!! I used a little Softie button from her.....see?

I added a bit of twine and TADA!! And I dunno if you can tell or not but I also cut several of these rainbows from the Sassafras paper and pop dotted them over the edges of the photos. 

From my own stash I used a DCWV yellow gingham kinda paper and plain white textured cardstock.  And the alphas are flocked and from Paper Studio....they are so fuzzy!!! The sun sticker is from Basic Grey's Junebug Collection.

So the mojo is a flowin!!! I think I have another one in me before the night is up!!!  Thanks for lookin and take a second to visit all of the wonderful people I mentioned and their blogs as well!!!

Toodles :)

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ok...I am LOVING him for a future son-in-law!! He is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those photos and all the SASS rainbows!!!! And YAYYYYYYYYYY for amy's prize!! She is WONDERFUL!! I loveeeeee her!!! You rocked this girl! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Cute layout! Love all of the rainbows!

Brianna said...

What a beautiful layout! Great take on the challenge! :)

KarenB said...

Super duper sweet LO Tina!! Love it.

Denise said...

Wow, your mojo is on fire! Your layout is BEAUTIFUL! The colors are just fabulous!!! Using all the neutral colors really makes the brighter pop :) So cool how you used so many things from your friends too.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love this LO! The colors are awesome together and that flower paperclip is cute. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal

Metal_Minish said...

Wow, awesome work on this one!
Loving the popped rainbows and all~
Thanks for playing with us Dollies!