Monday, August 16, 2010

A teensy bit late but here we go....Scrap It With A Song week # 18

Better late than never right????

I have been soooooooooooo busy today!!! Bob had a follow up appointment this morning with the surgeon and for the biggest part of the day we have been out running and getting last minute school clothes and supplies.  See? My challenge isn't the only thing I am last minute on!!

Many apologies to everyone.......tomorrow is the start of the new school year here so "hopefully" things will settle down soon and I won't be so last minute on everything.

This week we have yet another great challenge on tap for ya! Before I let the cat out of the bag (and no that is NOT a hint as to the song we have for this week!!) I want to welcome The Paper Trail as our sponsor this week! You gotta check em out! They are going in my faves to refer to when I want or need something I can't find around town. They are offering a very generous $20 gift certificate to this weeks winner!!! Trust me.....that $20 will get you PLENTY at this shop!!!
And now......a word from our sponsor!! (I have alays wanted to say that!!!!)

A paper trail is defined as "documents from which a person's actions may be traced". This is exactly what I feel scrapbooking is all about - creating and leaving a paper trail of our lives. So, come on in to my store The Paper Trail where you will find scrapbooking supplies like those in your neighborhood scrapbooking boutiques. All items in the store are always below MSRP so that your "trail" can be inexpensive too!! I am constantly adding new items and sales so check back often

This weeks challenge........Get Here by Oleta Adams!

You can reach me by railway,

You can reach me by trailway
You can reach me on an airplane,
You can reach me with your mind
You can reach me by caravan,
Cross the desert like an Arab man

I don't care how you get here,
just get here if you can

You can reach me by sail boat,
Climb a tree and swing rope to rope
Take a sled and slide down the slope
Into these arms of mine
You can jump on a speedy colt,
Cross the border in a blaze of hope

I don't care how you get here,
just get here if you can

There are hills and mountains between us
Always something to get over
If I had my way, surely you would be closer
I need you closer oh closer

You can windsurf into my life,
Take me up on a carpet ride
You can make it in a big balloon,
But you better make it soon
You can reach me by caravan,
Cross the desert like an Arab man yeah

I don't care how you get here,
just get here if you can

I don't care, I need you right here right now
I need you right here right now right by my side

Yeah yeah yeah

I don't care how you get here, just get here, get here
I don't care how you get here, just get here if you can

Get here if you can

Let me tell ya.......the team did an AMAZING job this week!!! I am just blown away!! I know I say that every single week , but it's totally true! Please be sure to visit our main blog and from there go and leave hugs n kisses for our DT......you will not be disappointed!!!

I chose to do a digital LO this week using a kit by Misty Cato called "Sending All Of My Love" and I just LOVEEEEE this kit too!!! Here is what I created......photo from the internet.  I literally just googled "military homecomings" and this showed up in Google Images. I have no clue who to credit for the photo or who these people are......I wish I did.....I'd love to hear thier story :)

So.......let's see whatcha got!! Create a project of some sort......a card, layout, altered item.....whatever your heart desires!!! But be sure to use the song as inspiration.  Please share with us how the song inspired you :) And be sure to link up before August 22 at noon!!!

6 comments:

~Christina~ said...

I hope you don't have too much guilt about posting a few hours after the challenge went live. I am supposed to be running this show and haven't even started my post! LOL. I soooo love this lo :) :) :)

Kelly Massman said...

That is one AMAZING LO! I bet the couple would love to have it!

Emily said...

I love this layout. This might be one of my favorites of the ones you have made.

Emily C

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I so so so so so loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this Tina!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeee that photo and those lyrics are PERFECT for this!!! YOU ROCKED IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

Wow, your layout is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope the kids' first day is a good one!

2amscrapper said...

Just had to come over here from Scrap It with a Song to tell you how you nailed the emotion of this song with your amazing layout!