Sunday, September 12, 2010

2 Cute To Spook! Sassy Lil Sketches LO!

I hope everyone has enjoyed thier weekend so far! Mine was going WONDERFULLY for the first half of yesterday.....I was so totally in the scrappin zone!! And then Bob started having chest pains and off to the ER we went......he hasn't really felt "right" since this last surgery. He is having lots of problems with nausea and stomach acid and so forth.....we still don't know what it IS but they did check his heart, did an xray, lots of bloodwork, did an ultrasound of his gallbladder.....and everything looked good. So he has an appt tomorrow with both the surgeon and our primary dr.....seesm like everytime I think I can relax, up pops a new health crisis. Don't get me wrong...I KNOW it's not his fault!!! I don't mean to sound selfish thru this but we are both just way too young to be dealing with these kinds of health issues....it's just that I worry about him you know? So they want him to have a scope run in his belly...fun stuff. And they are thinking MAYBE its an ulcer. Hopefully we can find out something soon and get him on the road to recovery!!

So I did a couple of layouts yesterday.....can only share this one right now tho :) I just loved this weeks Sassy Lil Sketches sketch.....seriously! I really dig color blocking! No one can do these kinds of layouts and mess em up...not even ME!!!

So again...I turned my brain off....Julie is holding the remote and will give the signal when its ok to use my brain again....so any stupid stuff I do between now and then is her fault......lol. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this turned out!!!! I'm not sure what the cardstock base is.....it was in some happy mail that Julie sent me a while back. maybe she can tell me....the back side was a beautiful floral.....and i was hoarding it thinking someday I'd do an amazing girly layout with it. Um yeah......like thats ever gonna happen!!! But I fall in love with paper like that sometimes and don't want to use it. Crazy I know! But the flip side was this really pretty, fall looking pattern....and it matched up pretty dang good with the Reminisce Moonshine Crew that I won a couple weeks back. And I used ALL SCRAPS!!! My scrap pile is really out of control.....so this kind of layout is PERFECT for it!!!! Lets see.....I also used some coredinations color core as the photo mat and to mat the little squares AND I sanded the edges down....I have never used this stuff before and I am hooked! I must have more!!!!

So enough babble....here is the sketch....
And here is my take...starring (drumroll) JESSE!!!! He was 3 here and my mom had actually bought this costume for Brandon...who was 7 at the time.  And there was no way it would fit him....so the next in line got it......LOL. Ain't he just a doll here????

Thanks for looking! And be sure to check in tomorrow to see who gets to walk off with that yummy Basic Grey paper pack!! Ohhhh and I have a really darling Scrap It With A Song reveal for ya tomorrow too!!! So ya'll come back now, ya hear???

9 comments:

Denise said...

Tina,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your layout! The paper rocks and your little man is sooooo cute :) Sorry that hubby keeps being so sick :( You guys just can't catch a break! Hope they figure it out quick and he can start feeling better. Hugs!

Kelly Massman said...

So cute! Sorry to hear about Bob! I'll be thinking of you all and sending you virtual best wishes!

Deanna said...

I love your work with the Sassy Lil' Sketch and your interpretation with the squares! Hope they can get things figured out with Bob!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about Bob :( I hope he gets better soon!! And YAYYYYYYYYYYYY for julie's remote!! hehehehehehehe!! That LO does ROCK!!! And I know I got that paper in NJ at a store called, "The Christmas Store" ...but really has NOTHING to do with Christmas! LOL! And I can't remember who made it :(... but I am happy you could use it!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that grid design!!!! Its just AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Scrapenabler said...

Very cute layout! Great take on the sketch.

Sorry to hear about the health issues that you are dealing with. I hope that they are able to resolve it soon.

Martine said...

adorable LO!! love what you did with the squares at the bottom! (sorry to hear about your DH, hope they figure things out soon!)

mustangkayla said...

Sorry to hear about Bob! Your layout is absolutely adorable!

Katie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Bob. I hope he is feeling better and you find out what is going on.

Love the layout! So stinkin' cute! Thanks for using a Sassy Lil' Sketch

meluv2scrap said...

OMG that is just to darn cute!!! Love it!