Thursday, September 9, 2010

50 bazillion sheets of paper and nothing to scrap with!!!??????

How can that possibly be????

OH....if you found your way here looking for the Scrap It With A Song blog hop scootch down a post :) Yeah, SCOOTCH.....it's a real word....I think!

Ok....where was I? Oh......how can it even be possible to have this much stuff and not have anything to scrap with? It's unbelievable! I sat down with the Sketchy Thursday sketch....found the photos I want to scrap and then................

Nuthin!!!!

It's an easy sketch! WHY CAN"T I MAKE IT WORK???????????? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ok Tina......just walk away.  Sleep on it and tomorrow you will wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle it...and it will be droolworthy girl....DROOL WORTHY!!!

This is how you know you ahve finally snapped.  You not only mumble to yourself in real life but on your blog as well......I'm hopeless.......LOL.

Despite my rut at the moment I DID do some scrappin today...with real paper and everything......lol! I decided this morning to play with the Studio Calico Sunday Sketch....have you seen it? I just fell in LOVEEEEEEEEEEE with it!!!  I tried doing it 8 X 10 but that just wasn't working for me.  I need lots of room....sometimes even 12 x 12 ain't big enough......lol.. But I really love how it turned out! And it is really seldom I get this excited about a page......it went together really quick....which is probably why I am struggling right now.....happens when you get cocky I guess :)  I also managed to amke it tie into a couple of other challenges........so here we go.......

1. Studio Calico Sunday Sketch.........this is the sketch

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!!
I had so much fun putting this together!! Here is my take....featuring my darling 6 yr old son Jesse, just check out his face!!!


Yeah he does worry us.......lol. And I am so tickled that I actually caught the dimension with the camera!!!! WOOT!!! This was taken on the 4rth of July.....what you see in his hand is one of those chaser things.  It has a propeller and when you lit it it took off across the ayrd and made the loudest squealing noise known to man.  And if you reemmber me talking about the tiny little fire that we sat under the pine tree.....this was what did it......LOL.  And NO, I did NOT let Jesse light it.....honest!! I just love photos of him....seriously, he is so expressive...and yeah CRAZY!!! LOL

I used Bazzill cardstock for the base (check your local Big Lots ladies....I got a pack of 50 multi colored sheets for 5 bucks!!!) And the other papers are from Sassafras Lass Jungle Bungle. The black letters are AC Thickers, (and I had to piece together the "Y"....that's why you see a tiny glittery flower on it...covering up my patch job!) I also used Sassafras paper Whimsies and the chipboard froggy and butterfly are Colorbok. I did the journaling and the word "Kid" on the computer and cut it out.

I totally love it! Its so bright and happy and really suits Jesse's personality :)

Other challenges this bad boy qualifies for are
1.  Sisterhood Of Crafters (123 challenge......1 ribbon or trim/my jute wrapped around the photo, 2 DP's/I just used 2 sheets of the Sassafras......luckily they have the cool cut off edges so those are incorporated as well...but still jsut 2 different sheets of paper!!!, and 2 flowers/not counting the ones on the paper:bottom, edge of photo,and on my "Y"
2.  Lasting Memories (computer generated title or journaling....the font is "a red wagon" in case you are interested)

Not bad! One LO .......3 challenges!

Tune in tomorrow.....I refuse to let that Sketchy Thursday sketch whoop me!!!

Toodles!

15 comments:

scrappingfrog said...

Great LO! It was so funny that just when I was on your blog you emailed me it was just wierd...hehe!

Denise said...

That happened to me recently too! I love the layout you did manage to do though. The font on the journaling rocks!

mustangkayla said...

Too funny! I get it though...Since I didn't get my girls weekend that I had hoped for (um...it would have been my first compared to hubbies...oh...I can't count that high! haha!). I decided to order some goodies for myself....what am I looking at? Yep, that would be paper!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Girllllllllllllll... do I have to give you my scrappy speech again?? LOL!! You have to remember not to over think it and just let it flow! :):):):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this lo!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors, that photo and LOVING the twine! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a fabulous layout! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood! We do hope you'll come join us again next challenge!

Kelly Massman said...

You are too funny! Great layout!

~Christina~ said...

#1...Scootch is TOTALLY a word!

#2...that layout is TOTALLY adorbs!

#3...worse than having no paper that works, I have reached a plateau no decent scrapper should ever hit. I've run out of photos to scrap!?!?!?!?! I am all caught up...can you believe it??? We are going out of town this weekend so hopefully I'll have lots of new ones :)

In the mean time I'm thinking of starting an individual album for each kiddo :)

Karen Wilson said...

This is super cute and looks so fun!!! Great take on all the challenges you entered. Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Diane Davies said...

Great LO. Love the papers you used. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, the dreaded scrappers block - I've been known to push paper around for hours and then - nothing. urghhhh!

No block with this one for you though, it's awesome!

Teri said...

Brilliant LO hun - great colours!
Thanks for joining in with us at The Sisterhood this week hun.
Hugs,
Teri x

Teri said...

Brilliant LO hun - great colours!
Thanks for joining in with us at The Sisterhood this week hun.
Hugs,
Teri x

Lisa B said...

This layout is perfect! I was chuckling when I saw the title/statement about having all that paper and yet you have nothing to scrap with. I can't tell you how many times I have had meltdowns in my craft room because I don't have the exact paper I need. I can't figure out how that could possibly happen but it does..ssoooo you are not alone!
Thanks for playing with us at the Sisterhood.

Lisa B said...

This layout is perfect! I was chuckling when I saw the title/statement about having all that paper and yet you have nothing to scrap with. I can't tell you how many times I have had meltdowns in my craft room because I don't have the exact paper I need. I can't figure out how that could possibly happen but it does..ssoooo you are not alone!
Thanks for playing with us at the Sisterhood.

Priscilla Benterud said...

Hope you can join us again this week at Lasting Memories Layout Challenge!! This week's challenge is "Out of the Box" try something NEW for you!! Challenge ends this Friday night!!