Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Froot Beer!! 2 Challenges One Layout!

Hey there scrapheads!!!!

Is it the weekend yet???? I am so ready to just chill and sleep in and do nothing! I have been trying to clean the past 2 days...mostly laundry.  We made the boys clean thier room yesterday......3 teenage boys in one room.  Can you imagine what kind of disaster it was??? I was almost done with laundry too.....now it looks like I haven't done anything in a month......I'm really amazed they have had anything at all to wear! 

So in between loads of laundry today I did get some scrappin done I fell in love with Julie Bonner's sketch that is featured at The Scraproom this week and just had to tackle it! I tried doing it last night but it wasn't coming together for me so I just said forget it.....then I saw The Design Dollies color challenge and the lightbulb went off!!! I LOVE using bright color!!! And this is the color palette at The Dollhouse this week.....doncha just LOVE it?????

And here is that awesome Julie Bonner Sketch!
Add the 2 together, shake it up, throw in a 350 degree oven and bake for about 30 minutes.......and this is what I came up with! I titled it "Froot Beer" LOL
The colored squares are a paper from Basic Greys "Lime Rickey" I loved all of the bright and bold color but it isn't an easy paper to use. So I have been hanging on to it  I just cut it into 4 squares following the curve of the squares and adhered it to another Basic Grey Sheet in dark inky blue from "June Bug".  The bright yellow photo mat is Bazzill cardstock, I also used some Sassafras Paper Whimsies (purple flower and numbered card) I used a Colorbok Chipboard circle for one of the flowers and the felt alpha is just some random thing I picked up in the felt section of Hobby Lobby super cheap. Same with the big blue and yellow flower. At the top I also have a yellow circle topped paper clip that I got at Office Depot....8 of them for $1 and perfect for scrapping! My journal circle is actually Sassafras packaging....I just cut it out with my Martha Stewart circle cutter.  And finally I added some white dots, just cuz, with my elmers paint pen.

Now the photos......LOL.

Thats Jesse and Steven on our patio.  Jesse loves root beer....cept he calls it fruit beer......LOL. And he really loves IBC root beer because it comes in bottles that look a LOT like a real beer bottle. So he pretends he is drinking real beer......sigh........I guess candy cigarettes will be next.......lol.  I love these pix tho cuz he is super silly......whether he is drinking or not......LOL.

Thanks for lookin!!!
~T~

12 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooooooooooooo cute!! I love love love love those photos and the colors too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Angie V. said...

Great way to combine the challenges! Love the paper combo!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

I LOVE the Lime Rickey Line and how you used it! Thanks for playing along with the Dollies!

Peggy said...

such a fun layout, always love BG

Teresa Jaye said...

Hey Tina, I saw your layout over in the Scrap Room Blog challenge folder! It's super cute! I love Lime Rickey too and the Design Dollies challenge is perfect for it - hmmmm guess I'll go see what I have left in my Lime Rickey folder. Your photos are so fun, what a perfect layout!

Emily said...

This came out so cute. I love what you did with the colors.

Emily C

Denise said...

I have that paper sitting in my room too. It is hard to use. You make it look easy! How did you get the swervy lines on it though? Tell, tell! Your son is a crack up!

KarenB said...

I love how you used that pp - it's one I didn't buy in the Lime Rickey range because I was a bit scared of it, LOL. Great job.

Fern said...

Tina, I love how you used the bright/bold colors to frame the super cute photos!!! I would have to say you "rocked" both challenges gf!!! Have a super week!!! Hugs!!!

Jennifer said...

What a CUTE and FUN layout!!! (=

Leah the Orange said...

ha! T, they're totally nuts, and they MUST take after you! :) love the photos you're always sharing - they're going to HATE going through these scrapbooks when their girlfriends are over! ;)

xo