Monday, September 27, 2010

Life is A Highway....Scrap It With A Song week #24

Hello my scrappy peeps!!

I hope ya'll had a great weekend! I spent most of mine in bed....just cuz......lol.  It's been rather rainy and dreary here in East Tennessee this weekend......and today as well (groan!!) Just makes me wanna hide under the covers and not come out til there is sunshine again :)

Ready for a brand new challenge this week with Scrap it With A Song? This is the last week in our salute to songs from childrens movies. And this weeks is one of Jesse's FAVE movies ever! CARS! Cmon, how can you NOT love Larry The Cable Guy as TowMater???? LOL!! His greatest film role EVER!!! :):):)

So in keeping with out theme, this weeks song is from Rascal Flatts......"Life Is A Highway"

Life's like a road that you travel on

When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate
To break down the garden gate
There's not much time left today

Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long

Through all these cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around
I love you now like I loved you then
This is the road and these are the hands
From Mozambique to those Memphis nights
The Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lights
Knock me down get back up again
You're in my blood
I'm not a lonely man
There's no load I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors
There was a distance between you and I
A misunderstanding once
But now we look it in the eye
There ain't no load that I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors

And lewt me tell ya......we have an awesome sponsor and prize this week as well!! Say hello to Crafty Ribbons!!! You GOTTA chek them out! They have some ADORABLE ribbons and I am just in LOVE with ALL of the Christmas ones!!! Ohh and the one called Shooting Stars too! I'm tellin ya...ABSOLUTE CUTENESS!!!!
They have so kindly and generously offered up this adorable package of single hearts ribbons......and you get ALL of the colors!! WOOOT!

Oh gosh...how sweet for baby projects!!!!

So....if ya want em ya gotta play along! Create a Layout, card or other project inspired by the song.  Easy peasy!!! Then just link us up so we can all ohh and ahhh over what you have done!

For my project I chose a layout (yeah surprise huh???) and a photo that I have scrapped a billion times now......but it works for this song.....LOL.  I used black Coredinations for my base and everything else is just scraps of Cosmo Crickets Get Happy.  I really like how the funky colors pop with the black background. All of the little cars are from a package I bought in a clearance bin at CVS of all places......LOL. I KNEW I'd use em someday!!!! And I just took a white paint pen and added the little dashes to give the illusion of a road....kinda crooked but I drive like that too so it's ok......LOL. Oh and the Title is AC Remarks alpha .

In addition to this being my DT reveal I gotta be honest and say I also used ScrapJacks September "jack" (aka scraplift) as my inspo......so I am entering it in thier challenge for the month as well.

Thanks for looking and let me see whatcha got this week!!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I LOVE your layout!!!!!!!!! The picture, the cars, the highway, it's adorable! Love love love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh this is adorable!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and loving the cars and the roads you made!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Fun, fun! My son just got his license. Maybe I should play along! :-)

~Christina~ said...

The black paper was DEFINITELY the way to go. It just pops!

Toucan Scraps said...

such a fun layout Tina